Present Day

15

15. heart

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

Present day
2023
New York

My alarm rang. My hand crept out of the blanket to shut it down. I groaned as I realized it was really early. I had to go to work. The sunlight from my studio apartment shines through the windows, making me actually get out bed.

I made two cups of coffee and got dressed, my long skirt,  top and twisted my hair and clipped it in, pulling strands of hair in the front of my face to frame it. I raced to get my bag and the cups of coffee and head out the door.

"Morning neighbor." Matt shows up behind me as I locked my door. "I could smell it from upstairs."

"Two creams and two sugars, just as you like it." I blushed and handed it to him. He takes a sip and smiles. "Shall we Mr. Murdock?"

"Of course Ms. Von." He holds onto my arm and we headed down. We walked past the busy streets of Hell's Kitchen and into the subway. "Whats your plan for today?" He leans in to talk to me.

"Well, I was thinking I should teach about Pompeii. You know a lot of schools don't teach it." It was a easy topic, I was there. I scanned through my papers to see I got everything. I pushed up my glasses as they fell down as I hunched down.

"I like that idea." We found seats and sat down. "Celeste?"

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering if you want to have dinner with me tonight? My place? 9?" I blushed and pushed up my glasses again.

"Sounds great." I nodded repeatedly. The train stop at our stop and helped Matt up to the street and waited for Foggy.

"Sorry im late, come on Matt, this is huge for us." Foggy runs in and helps carrying Matts briefcase. "Thanks Celeste."

"Thanks, I'll see you tonight then?" Matt turns around.

"At 9." Just as they were going, Matt turns back again.

"Good luck today in class." He smirks and left. I waited until I couldn't see them and went to a alley and teleported to the school History teacher, ironic right? I ran into the school, boy was I was late. I ran in the halls, hearing my heels clicked in the hallways filled with loud students. Wade, another teacher, follows me.

"I got the test ready for tomorrow, like you texted me for." He hands me the stack of papers and I looked through as we stepped into my classroom.

"Thank you, I owe you one." I praised him as I set everything on my desk.

"Maybe some dinner?" I looked back at him. "I gave it a shot." The bell rang. shit. Wade saluted and walked away as kids came inside and took their seats. I cleared my throat and started class. The students had told me I was a female version of Dr. Bruce Banner, I don't understand why they got that. Was it because I fumbled my words and how I gentle, innocent and sweet I am?