12

12. im sorry

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

1996
𝘾𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙖

I raced home from work, trying to catch the train, I couldn't teleport since there was too many people around so I had to take it. Lucky me, school got out early. I work at a high school, teaching science. Not my greatest but it was all they had available.

"Sprite!" I yelled out as I had a bunch of bags in my hands, struggling to get in the door.

"Oh good you're home!" She hops over the couch. "Can I get $20?" She extends her arms. I dropped the bags at her feet. If I could, I would break that little arm.

"Not a hello Celeste! How are you Celeste? Do you need help Celeste?" I mimicked her voice, snapping my fingers, my magic doing its thing.

"Hey." And she extends her arm again. "$20?" I rolled my eyes and walked away. "I need it."

"What you need is a job."

"Im 13, remember." She jumps and sits on the countertop table. She played her gameboy that she begged and begged for.

"You can illustrate yourself, like how you sneak out of the house at night and turn into a 23 year old." I crossed my arms and looked at her. "Yeah, I know about that."

"Whatever." She hops down and goes to her room. Kingo sent her to me because he was busy and couldn't really take care of her, also he just didn't want to keep moving every 5 years. So, I got the short side of the straw. I don't think Sprite is hard to take care of, its just that shes Sprite. Once she came, i had to get a bigger place, in a good neighborhood because I wanted her to feel safe and feel like she belongs. But she doesn't hang with the teens here, always in her room, listening to rock and roll music.

"Sprite! Dinner." I got pizza delivered and she gathered the plates and drinks and head to the living room to watch tv. "Uh." I said as I looked at the newspaper that I had.

"What?"

"Tony Stark has a daughter, Crystal Stark." (If you know this, you are a real mvp!) poor girl, shes going to be in the spotlight all her life.

"Good for him." She ignores and watches the movie on the screen. Be cool Celeste, try not to burst. A thing about Sprite, she hates having conversations. Even small talks, she tries so hard to shut them down or make them so uncomfortable. "Okay im done, im going to my room." She tosses out her plate and locks herself in her room. Sometimes, I forget shes with me, like shes never here.