09

9

9. go on

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

1820 '𝙨
𝙀𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙙

"Celeste!" Charlotte calls out from the kitchen and I ran to give James his lunch for school. "I cannot find my shoes!"

"Try under the coats!" I helped James with his blazer and I saw Charlotte hopping into her flats. "Lets go!" We were late to go to school. The three of us ran through the streets to make it in time. "Bye! Have a wonderful day!"

"Bye Celeste!" The kids waved as the bell rang just in time. I watched them before I left. A bunch of mothers had giving me dirty looks. These weren't my children and Lydia was their mother, but I did most of work and they believe that im a possible mistress, which made no sense, but they like to start something. I flicked my wrist to let one of the moms fall into a water fountain and I laughed as I went back home.

I got the house ready, cleaning and organizing, meaning using my magic. I sat down on the couch as I read some books that Lydias late husband had.

"Celeste!" Lydia comes, in awe when she saw pots and pans floating around the kitchen and a mop mopping the floor.

"Oh hello Lydia." I waved. Lydia and I had been friends since she helped me. She started to notice about me not aging, and when I told her, surprisingly, she wasn't freaked out and made a whole plan about how im one of her late husband's sisters and is staying with them. She promised to keep my secret until she was on her deathbed.

"What did we say about your magic? People will notice!" She shuts the blinds.

"They wont, im very careful." She hums, knowing that its a lie. Her brother Jonathan is coming into town to see the kids and to run the family business. I never met him, only heard of him and heard the letters he wrote to his older sister Lydia.

"When Jonathan comes, we can't do any of this, I know its going to be hard. Just-"

"Be normal." Lydia places her hands on my arms and shyly smiles. "I can do that." I snapped my fingers and everything stopped. Lydia and I cleaned the house, the kids came back and helped. By around 5, the bell rang.

"Oh heavens! He's here!"

"I'll finish dinner." I shooed her and start putting everything at the table. I heard the laughs and talking from the front room. Sometimes I do wonder, how was my life before? Did I have a brother? Brothers? Sisters? A family? It would be nice if I did, maybe their waiting for me back home. I snapped put of my thoughts and head to introduce myself.