10

10. love not war

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

1973
𝙎𝙖𝙣 𝙁𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙤

I had music blasting in my car as i drove to the store. The wind blowing through my hair, scarf tied around my hair and sunglasses on. I had to say, the 70s, i can get used to this life.

I got out of my car and strutted into the store and started my grocery shopping. My heeled boots clicked as I went aisle to aisle, shoving snacks and stuff into my cart.

"My heavenly Celeste." Jerry the homeless man that always sits in front of store said. He's a kind guy, always has a smile on his face, telling me stories about his past life. "Need help?" He gets up and grabs a bag from my arms.

"Thank you Jerry. Hows the day treating you?" I asked as we walked to my car.

"Everyday is a blessing." He smiles. We stopped as we saw two men checking out my car.

"Oh wonderful, cant wait for the conversation imma have when I get to my car."

"Stay groovy Cel." Jerry hands me my bags and I eyed the men. I flipped my hair back and walked towards them.

"Excuse me gentlemen." I cut in front of them and placed the bags in the back seat of the convertible.

"This your husbands? Hes got good taste."

"He does doesn't he." I played along.

"If he isn't around, I wouldn't mind take you a ride in it." One of them winks. If I could, I would send them into the restaurant that was a block away. "Maybe we can see how fast this baby goes."

"Too bad I don't have a husband, its mine."

"How can you afford a 70 Ford Mustang?" I cracked a smile as I got into my car. "How are they paying you? Women don't even get paid that much."

"The same way you get your junky one, working. By the way your cars are sitting over there." I pointed at the beat down cars by the end of the parking lot, it was theirs. "You wish you were me. Now if you dont mind, i got places to be." The song Cherry Bomb came on full blast. I put on my sunglasses, rev the engine and drove off full speed. I laughed as I pulled out the parking lot.