「6」;Flat-faced

The next few chapters are fillers, bear with me for a while since it's a bit hard to get back to writing after missing for so long.

▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎

Perhaps, I was the fool for linking myself with you, Morax... you ruthless God. Your hands are stained with red, and you know your weapon like a third arm.

Shall I keep my distance then perhaps I might've lived 'till the next miracle. Yet, I can't bring myself to be away... not with you, who held me close whenever and wherever.

And why would the life of this pathetic one become memorable, if not for you, dear friend?

The sight of this blood river, and the many bodies falling like leaves. I wish not to shed tears, yet... this bloodbath feels as if it wasn't the first time... as if this body remembers something bitter, and it kept falling.

I'll be going.

Until the war ends, you won't see me. Do your best. Although I hate to see many deaths, I'd hate it more if one of them is you...

shall we meet again, my endeared.

▪︎°▪︎°▪︎°▪︎

"Unh-" with head as if being split open, [M/n] groaned as he blinked. He wasn't used to the blinding orange light, thus he kept his eyes shut as he sat down on his butt. "Goodness my head... Was I drunk...?" He asked to himself clutching his now ragged hair as if it's the source of his great headache.

"Yes, you were pretty drunk last night."

"W-Wha?!" [M/n] jumped from the ground, his head snapping to his behind finding Zhongli lazily sprawled against the tree. "Morax! W-wh-why... what? Ah, wh- where you always here?" He rubbed the nape of his neck, feeling the shivers and embarrassment from when he heard Morax's voice speaking directly to his ear.

"Yes," Zhongli answered again solidly. Unwavering and unfazed, he seems extremely tired for whatever reason, and his eyes simply held no interest anymore.

"Did I... sleep on you?" [M/n] feared the worst, for it's not the first time it happened- carelessly using Morax as a bed, that is.

Somehow, Morax would become the least confronting creature when faced with the [H/c]. Perhaps due to their friendship, or the lack of contract that makes Morax feel as if he had no authority, or the reason might be more trivial than he thought, it's just Morax being afraid of [M/n]'s anger. But why would he be afraid, it's not as if [M/n] kills whenever he is enraged.

"Yes." Was the answer Zhongli give.

[M/n] stared down at his friend in horror, he was a grown man for goodness sake! It's not like he is a small child, he has a body that almost reaches Zhongli's height! Morax must've been suffering as [M/n] slept peacefully on his chest. "Why didn't you wake me?!"

"My right arm is dead," Zhongli stated, ignoring the [H/c]'s question and looking straight to those [E/c] eyes, making [M/n] panic even more.

"Then you should've pushed me away!" He lectured, sitting down beside Morax and beginning to carefully massage his hand. [M/n] grumbled as his hand skillfully squeezes Morax' shoulder, where he had put his head in the entirety of the night.

Morax smirked to himself, enjoying the feeling of [M/n]'s placate hands on him. Truthfully, there's no problem with Zhongli's arm, but he couldn't possibly miss out on the opportunity to get pampered. He figured, since it's been so long since he even got a glimpse of the [H/c], he definitely deserved being treated so.