「21」;Gold And Feather

Time awaits no one.

In a mere blink the seasons almost changed. The winds had notably gone warmer, some fruits had come to ripen, an the sea had brought different kinds of fishes. In turn, it opens a new sets of menu usually unable to be made in different months.

Zhongli's face is radiant, and in his hand, a huge bag of groceries that looks like it could feed a whole village. He had planned quite a grand dinner with a few of his old friends, using [M/n]'s house as a meeting point. He had been looking forward to it for a while.

Can't help but want to show off to his friends, want to show off his wife, that is.

But as Zhongli arrived and pushed the already familiar door open, he was greeted with unsightly scene.

There were his friends as expected, but only two, and it is the low number that he did not expect. Not only the pitiful attendees, but also the mess in the living room that is supposed to be always sightly and neat.

Broken teacups here and there, slanted chairs, rolled sofas, and although the table is intact, it has been pushed all the way back and almost disappeared from the living room. Wordlessly, Zhongli stared at the only two creatures in the room.

"He broke the chairs." It was Mountain Shaper, and his cold, arrogant voice defended himself shamelessly.

"One admits, but Mountain Shaper swept all the teacups, inevitably knocked them off the table and broke them to pieces." Moon Carver was the other elephant in the room, or rather, Stag. And he too does not want to be the only one taking the blame.

"..." Zhongli doesn't know what to say for a while, he merely stared at his two friends.

Moon Carver's antlers nearly grazed the roof, and Mountain Shaper's tail could stretch from wall to wall. Of course, the house is not built with accommodating mystical beings that are a size larger than normal animals in mind. In a sense, it is also his fault to even invite them here in the first place.

"Forget it. Where is [M/n]?" Zhongli was even more concerned that the house is still in ruins. [M/n] should be livid, maybe immediately drove the two out, and he would not waste time cleaning up the mess. Thus Zhongli had to ask.

"Kidnapped as always." Mountain Shaper curtly stated, a hint of amusement in his voice. "Brings back rather fun memories." He commented again.

"One agrees," Moon Carver also can't help but laugh freely.

Zhongli shook his head in disapproval, yet he also had a smile on his face.

The sentence '[M/n] has been kidnapped' is all too familiar. Zhongli is never the type to mind his image, and it was true all the way back in the chaotic days. His opponents would of course soon come to know that there is a [H/c] haired man cherished by Rex Lapis. Inevitably, that fact would be taken advantage of.

At first, it was quite a scare. [M/n] disappeared! Kidnapped! By some God that hated Zhongli's guts. Zhongli would of course want to take action and march into battle immediately. If they were declaring war by kidnapping [M/n], then war shall be what Zhongli give.

But as he carefully planned his actions with his adeptus, [M/n] showed up without warning.

He seemed particularly refreshed, and a cute smile adorned his face for the whole evening. The [H/c] did not deny his brief hostage status, instead, he denied being in any danger. To him, it was a refreshing change of scenery, and he gets to see some interesting underground prison of Morax's enemy.

And as the years progressed and it nears the Archon War, the kidnapping became more frequent, almost on a monthly basis. And each time without fail, [M/n] would be back after a few hours, happy and smiley. There were even instances where he directly brought his kidnappers to Zhongli's feet to be prosecuted.