「19」;A Slightly Further Date

"Hmm," plucked strings and melodious hums had attracted too much crystalflies, although perhaps, it's the lingering Anemo in the air that had drawn them to Venti instead. 

"Ah, that sounded good,"  his slender fingers strummed the lyre, all while enjoying the breeze from between the branches of his beloved tree. Venti was merrily enjoying his time, playing songs to the crystalflies. Paying no heed to the rhyme, and simply singing what his heart had in mind. "Might need a lit~tle more poise," 

What a perfect day. A day of no particular urgency, a day of no need to pay heed to unfurling of fate. To Venti, days like these seems rare, even if everyday he spent it just the same. He sighed, content and a small smile is always present on his lips. His fingers had yet stopped playing the instruments, and more crystalflies are drawn by his music

"Venti!" 

His peace was cut short when an urgent yet careful yell of his name snapped his eyes open. His fingers stopped playing his tunes, and the crystalflies scurry away from the disturbance. 

The god looked down from the branches, finding a familiar [H/c] looking up to him expectantly. 

"[M/n], my dear! Fancy indeed having you pay heed to this humble bard~ may I offer you a song?" Venti was already singing his words while still lounging on top of the Windrise tree. "Worry not, no payment shall be asked. For this is a gift to you who will part-" 

"Get down here," 

Venti pouts, once again stopping the strums of his lyre. "Why don't you come up here? The breeze is quite enjoyable today." He doubted a positive answer, [M/n] would go out of his way to avoid any type of climbing, that of course includes crawling up the massive Windrise tree Venti is on. 

"I do not have time for that, if you could please?" Despite his seemingly annoyed demeanor, [M/n] still had a slight smile gracing his face. 

"Okay, okay," Venti's lyre disappeared, carried by the wind as he jumps down from the gigantic tree. "How may I help you, dear [M/n]?" He mused, sitting next to the [H/c] under a statue of himself. Venti watch as [M/n] drag a long silence, his eyes seems to nearly swell up with tears. That cannot be good. 

"I might need you to do me a favor," the [H/c] started, looking far ahead to the tiny silhouette of Mondstadt gate. 

"What is it?" Venti no longer had a smile on his face, and his words no longer slurred playfully. It does not seem like the appropriate time to be cheeky. 

[M/n] sighed, resting his head on his knees refusing for his face to be seen. "You know my idiot, right?"  

Venti frowned, not because of the question, but because of what led to it. He could only ponder, wondering if he should pry and ask. "What about your idiot?" In the end he still asked, might as well. 

Another sigh dragged itself out of the [H/c]. It made Venti slightly nervous at the display, it's not everyday he sees [M/n] out of composure. He wondered if he should marvel at the sight or scream in terror of what to come. 

"I'm begging you..." the [H/c] started. His voice was barely a whisper, though it had been always like that. "Please take care of him," 

Venti's frowned only deepened at the request. It was odd and vague in a bad way. What should he take care of? Is Zhongli sick? What's the difference between past Zhongli and now's Zhongli that [M/n] begged the bard for a favor? What does taking care of mean, exactly? Millions of questions rang at the same time yet voicing them would only be more burden. 

"Please say yes," 

"Of course," 

The bard had no idea what song he promised to sing, but he knew it wouldn't result in the demise of one. [M/n] wanted nothing more but the happiness of Zhongli, it is hard to imagine him otherwise. Yet it is still confusing on what taking care of means, and why asking he, the god of freedom?