「9」;Too Much to Ask

"How exactly is that possible?" [M/n]'s smile is no longer there as he held the small plate containing his half eaten jelly. He had to stop eating due to Aether suddenly making that, unprecedented, and mildly illogical claim.

"Well Zhongli got it, surely it's not impossible." Aether further panics upon seeing [M/n] not buying it. He desperately signaled at the bard who had his lips flat and is looking as though things had been predicted.

Aether blinked, whispered, and lightly nudged his head as a sign asking for help to Venti. But it took the god of freedom way too long to notices that [M/n] already had his face silently judging Aether and the latter. Eventually, Venti realized and mouthed a long 'aah-!' As he had been enlightened. He props to sit straight and coughed as if he would sing the mightiest song ever heard.

"[M/n]! You should go check on 'Zhongli'!!" It's clearly obvious how unaccustomed his tongue is when it comes to Liyue names. "Isn't tummy hurting a bad thing? You should really check up on him!" Still he pressed further, elbowing Aether to back up his claim as the blond nodded furiously.

"Must I?" The [H/c] turned to both Aether and Venti periodically, all while he turned to Paimon once who merely shrugged her small shoulders before going back to ravaging more steak.

"Of course you should! You're not going to neglect that old buffoon to care for himself, are you?!"

"Yes, yes!"

Aether and Venti couldn't make it more obvious that they are planning something.

Still the [H/c] just assumed it's a normal thing as he replied, "it's not as if he's a child. And I'm not his parent. So am I needed there?"

"YES!!" It wasn't planned, but somehow Venti and Aether synced perfectly in slamming the table and yelling, garnering every available attention in Good Hunter.

It only makes [M/n] further question the situation. He tilts his head staring at both Aether and Venti while also scooping some of his jelly. He doesn't need to open his mouth to deliver his question.

"Well, if a god like Morax got his tummy hurt, wouldn't that mean something really bad?" Venti shrugged upon seeing [M/n]'s face. Internally, he is racking his brain on how to help his old buffoon buddy.

[M/n]'s face falters for a split second, "Yet how is it my problem anyway? Woe me always confined in a tiny village yet whenever I had the chance to go out, I must go back..." indeed he looked woeful as he cups his cheeks with the palm of his hand while sighing deeply.

"It's basic mannerism to visit a sick friend" Aether argued proudly, he felt as though his sentence would be the selling point in convincing [M/n].

"Yet it's also basic mannerism to not mind other's business. If Morax' sick, then it would be best to leave him to recuperate."

Aether can't really argue with that. One doesn't simply visit another during the height of the latter's sickness. It's most common to visit after the ill after they had felt a little better, thus doesn't mind being burdened by a guest. Unless one has super close relationship with the ill, then it's better to stay and care until cured.

"Ah, That's it!" Sounds as though a light bulb went on inside Aether's head. Now radiated with confidence, the blond retaliated, "But you and Zhongli are more than friends, right? Then it's better for you to car-"

"Zhongli missed you. Just go and see him." Paimon invites herself to the quarrel, with half-lidded eyes and mouth still hasn't stop chewing. This time, the stacked empty plates had been replaced with mountains of desserts and various bowls of puddings.

Aether and Venti stood in silence as they observed the flying fairy. Her blunt remarks are uncalled for and totally ruined the two's plan in manipulating the [H/c]. Within their own minds, they cursed Paimon to oblivion.