「17」;A Date

"My, I sure hope Aether is doing alright. It has been a while." 

Bright clear sky, as blue as any other day yet still as striking as a new painting. It's mirrored on sullen [E/c] eyes, staring back at the it with much of a simple smile.

It was short-lived, however. As [M/n] tears away his sight from the roof of the earth to continue the task at hand. Pushing open the grand doors of Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, he made sure to do so as quietly in case of any funeral happening.

"Ne, [M/n]. I've been waiting for you."

"Miss Hu," answering the voice that greeted him at the door, the [H/c] smiled briefly, relieved that the parlor seems empty of any mourning. His eyes met with Hu Tao's scarlet irises, which aren't as merry as they used to be.

"Your husband is at it again. He's depleting a lot Mora! We have a budget, Y'know?!" Hu Tao had her arms by her hips, pursing her lips in a clear pout as she rants to the [H/c].

"I know... I apologize on his behalf," despite the smile, his eyes are closed in exasperation.

"He keeps buying rocks in the name of Wangsheng Funeral Parlor! Are we a credit service? Ah, I tried to cover up the expense with his salary but he's spending way too much!!" 

"Yes, yes..." embarrassed as he, [M/n] does not want to listen to what other stupid things did Zhongli do. As [M/n] is in denial, he did not want to know that his partner is one to be so stupid with Mora. He refused to believe so. "Not to be dismissive, Miss Hu. But I fear there is little I can do about Zhongli... the word 'Put it on Wangsheng Funeral Parlor's tab' seems to be automatic already..."

Hu Tao gritted her teeth, nearly bursting out crying at the thought of her precious funeral budget sucked dry. All because the counselor she employed likes to impulsively buy anything that catches his eyes. Oh—how Hu Tao had plenty thoughts of firing the man, yet he is far too valuable a resource to just be thrown. Not to mention the man now felt a little too much like family to be fired away.

"I'll compensate for everything. And shall I add a few extra in the case of Zhongli buying rocks again?"

"Just send some monthly expenses at this point."

Grumbling Hu Tao is oddly adorable. [M/n] can't help but laugh at the girl's little pout, thankfully he manages to resist the urge to crush those puffed cheeks despite his life-long habit. "Indeed that is not a bad idea,"

"Geez, just go." Hu Tao had come to know how Zhongli and [M/n] matched so well. Both of them could be irritating if they wanted, yet both can also mask their childish tendencies with dignity. It's worse now that Hu Tao had to face those two flirting around in her workplace. Ah, truly this is not what she had in mind when she let's the [H/c] visit any time. 

Yet it's too late to retract her words. Moreover, Hu Tao felt the need to let the two be, feeling she mustn't meddle as though they had been separated enough. Sighing, Hu Tao sets off in search of a new customer after making sure the [H/c] strutted inside Zhongli's office.

The God's office was much too different than the actual Wangsheng Hall. Perhaps because it is at the edge of the building, it had a lot of sunlight thanks to the windows, and many birds came by chirping on the branch near it.

"[M/n]." Zhongli beamed, though his lips did not smile alongside his eyes, the joy is conveyed clear enough to know he is happy. An opposite of [M/n] whose eyes seems to be getting hazy.

"What things did you buy again this time, Morax?"

Zhongli's lips clamp shut immediately. Sinking back to the seat as he averted his eyes back to the blank paper on his desk. To think that the first words [M/n] would say upon meeting Zhongli for the day is some scolding. Again.