Aaina x Sheheryar (Part 1)

"Sheheryar, aap phir se late hogaye? Aapko pata hai log kitne sawaal pooch rahe the aapke baare mein? Aap harr time aisa hi karte hai." Aaina stared at her husband with a scowl on her face.

There was a a dinner party at their house today and as usual her husband had arrived after everyone had left.

"I was busy. Farigh nahi baitha hua hota hoon main." Sheheryar replied in a cold voice while going through an important mail.

Aaina was pissed at him so she walked towards him and angrily shut his laptop which made him glare at her.

"Yeh kya batameezi hai? Aaina, mera dimaag na khaao aur jaakey sou jaao."
"Aap samajhte kya hai apne aap ko? Kaam ke alava bhi hazaar cheeze hoti hai, aisa tha tou kaam se hi nikkah karlete. Mujhse karne ki kya zarurat thi?" She held him by his collar, making him clench his jaw.

"Mujhe kaunsa shauk tha tumse nikkah karne mein? Tum bhi jaanti hou ki maine rishta tumhari behen ke liye bheja tha." That squeezed Aaina's heart and she looked at him with tear-filled eyes.

"Aap ab bhi aapi ko pasand karte hai? Isliye mere saath time spend nahi karte?" She whispered, making Sheheryar guilty of what he had said.

"Aisa nahi hai, I didn't like her aur tum bhi jaanti hou." Somehow Aaina wasn't convinced. She could never understand his behavior, he has always been cold towards her throughout the two months of their married life.

Her grip on his collar loosened and she moved back, masking her expressions. Sheheryar sighed as he watched her walk towards the washroom.

It was true that he didn't like his wife's elder sister, Jannat.

•••

Jannat worked in the finance department of his company and he was quite impressed by the way she would always conduct the meetings. It was because of her intelligence that his company had gotten two major deals.

Sheheryar's mother had been pestering him to get married as he was thirty and she kept suggesting her best friend's elder daughter. One fine day, he agreed to go and see the girl and was shocked to see that the girl was none other than Jannat. He instantly agreed to marry her, making his mother extremely happy.

However, Jannat, did not want to marry Sheheryar because she was in love with the head of the finance department and he had proposed to her recently. She told her mother about it and her parents did not want to force her to get married when she already liked someone else.

Her mother, Zeenat, spoke to Sheheryar's mother, Fatma regarding it. Fatma was upset but didn't say much and informed Sheheryar who simply nodded. It wasn't like he was in love with Jannat, he knew that she was not the girl destined for him.

For a few weeks Fatma didn't bring up the marriage topic up until one day when she asked Sheheryar if he was okay with marrying Jannat's younger sister, Aaina.

He stared at the photograph that his mother showed him and he was awestruck at how beautiful Aaina was. He told his mother that he had no problem with whatever she decides for him as he had given this responsibility to his parents.

Aaina agreed instantly as she had a crush on Sheheryar ever since she had googled up about the company Jannat worked for once. She even shared her thoughts with her sister who in return hit her head and teased her.

She was heartbroken when she got to know that he has sent a proposal for Jannat, she always wanted her sister to be happy but at the same time she couldn't help but pray that some miracle happens and she gets to marry him instead. It was pretty childish of her but again she was just 19 years old.