Zaydaan & Sahar (Part 1)

"Sahar, finish your breakfast immediately." Sahar pouted but nonetheless finished off the omelette and then sipped on her cup of tea.

She sighed as she knew that she would have to brush her teeth again before she could go to college since she hated the weird taste and smell of omelette and tea together.

She rushed to her room while Asma, her mother, packed her careless daughter's lunchbox.

"Acha mama I'm getting late. Ahad bahar aa gaya hai aur aapko pata hai wou bohot natak karta hai jab bhi usse wait karna hota hai." Asma simply smiled and kissed her forehead.

She was extremely proud of Sahar who was in her second year of MBBS. She prayed for the well-being of her daughter and hoped that she gets blessed with everything that's best for her.

•••

"Aagayi madam? Nahi aur ruk jaata main, aur araamse aati. Free ka driver jo hoon main." Sahar rolled her eyes at her best friend, Ahad, who was way too dramatic.

"Acha ab aa gayi hoon na tou khush raho, zyaada aur natak karoge tou kal aur der se aaongi." He simply rolled his eyes at her and drove towards their college.

"Ahad, are you prepared for the exam? I'm really scared, meri sahi se tayaari nahi hui hai. Mujhe abhi rona aa raha hai." Sahar's eyes weere filled with tears, she wasn't sure of her preparation at all.

"Yaar rona tou bandh karo, pichli baar bhi yeh bola tha tumne aur tum first aa gayi thi." Ahad passed her his bottle of water, he felt bad seeing his best friend cry unnecessarily considering that he knew how hard she had studied.

"Acha agar iss baar marks aaye bhi nahi tou koi baat nahi, mocks hi tou hai. Kaunsa final exam hai? Tum apne bhai se samajh leti?" She looked at him and cried even harder.

"Bhai bahar gaye hue hai aur unhone mujhe video call
par samjhaya lekin meri samajh kuch nahi aaya." Ahad sighed.

Sahar's brother, Dr. Hamza Azhar, was a very well known neurologist, he would usually help her out whenever she would not understand something. But this time he had gone for a vacation with his wife and daughter, Sahar had grown dependent on her brother to explain everything to her.

She felt that if her brother wouldn't sit with her and explain, she wouldn't be able to score good marks. Although, it was difficult to even pass, she aimed to always come in the top 3.

"Sahar, ab rona bandh karo warna jitna yaad hai wou bhi bhool jaaogi. Parso ke paper ke liye tum mere bhai se samajh lena, okay?" She shook her head, Ahad's brother was way too strict and she was kind of scared of him.

She hated the fact that even her father was out of town for a medical conference. She would have considered understanding concepts from her favorite Zaman Uncle, Ahad's father, but he was barely at home.

With uncertainty, she entered the examination room and mentally prayed for the paper to be easy. She took a sigh of relief as soon as she saw the paper.

She had studied everything that they had asked in the paper except for one question that carried five marks. She knew that they would definitely ask something that she had skipped while studying.

However, she didn't let that one question affect her considering that the rest of the paper was quite simple.

"Tou madam ki shakal se lagta hai ki paper acha gaya. Yaar mera tou theek hi gaya, bas pass hou jaaon. Warna baba aur bhai ne maar dena hai." Sahar rolled her eyes at Ahad, he was always so chilled out. She could never imagine being like that.