Part 4

Sheheryar opened the bedroom door and frowned on seeing complete darkness. He switched on the lights and then looked at the bed where his wife was sleeping.

He was surprised to see her asleep at just 9 pm, usually she would be studying or binge watching something at this hour.

"Aaina? You okay?" He placed his hand on her forehead and his eyes widened on feeling that she was burning up with fever. He quickly called their family doctor and asked him to come immediately.

Aaina was suffering from fever and cold, but due to high fever she was deep in sleep. The doctor prescribed some medicines and assured that she should be alright soon.

Sheheryar thanked the doctor for coming on such a short notice during bad weather conditions.

•••

Aaina squinted her eyes open on feeling the cold wet cloth being placed on her forehead at equal intervals. Sheheryar who was still in his suit, smiled slightly on seeing his wife awake.

It was almost 12 am now. He was sure that she hadn't eaten anything as they would have dinner together almost every night since the past two weeks.

"Are you feeling better?" She weakly nodded her head and held his hand that was placed on her forehead.
"Aapne change kyu nahi kiya?" She questioned as soon as she took in his appearance.

"Meri biwi itne tez bukhaar mein soyi hui hai, kaise change karleta?" She blushed at that and struggled to sit upright against the bed rest.

"Phone kyu nahi kiya mujhe?" She heard him question.
"Aapki itni important meeting thi aaj, kaise phone karke disturb karti?" He shook his head at her.

"You're more important." He mumbled but it was audible enough for her.
"Acha, I'll get dinner now? You have to eat well and then take your medicines." She pouted on hearing about the medicines.

Sheheryar flicked her nose and then quickly went to change his clothes before heading downstairs to the kitchen. He had to make some soup for Aaina, knowing that she wouldn't want to eat solid food.

He had studied abroad for his masters so he knew how to cook almost everything and he was pretty good at it as well. Once the soup was ready, he placed all the containers on the tray and took it to their bedroom.

He placed the bowl of soup on a plate and then held a spoon full of warm soup in front of Aaina's lips, much to her surprise. She opened her mouth slightly and made a face due to the lack of her taste buds at the moment.

Sheheryar made her drink almost more than half of the bowl before she told him that she was full. He wanted her to drink more of the soup but seeing her tired face, he simply kept the bowl away.

Then, he wiped the corners of her mouth with a tissue and handed over her medicines. She sighed as she managed to gulp the huge medicines and then looked at her worried husband.

"Sheheryar, please go and eat. I'll be alright soon. Bas weather change ki wajhe se itni bimaar hui hoon." He nodded and ate a bit of food. He had grown accustomed to eating dinner with Aaina.

"Thank you for the soup. Mujhe pata hai ki aapne banaya tha kyuki menu mein soup tou nahi tha aur aapke ghar aane tak cook chali gayi hogi." Her heart warmed up seeing Sheheryar giving her a full blown smile.

"You don't have to thank me, it was my duty." Aaina couldn't help but blush again, he had made her completely silent today by showing his care through his actions.

Sheheryar laid down on the bed, right next to her and she squealed as he pulled her into his chest.
"Sherry you'll fall sick, leave me." She whispered with her slightly heavy voice since she was sick.