Aaina Sheheryar/ Part 6

Aaina had fainted due to lack of food, apparently she had not been eating well since quite sometime. The doctor had put her on IV and had instructed Sheheryar to see to it that his wife would eat well since she was way too weak. 

Sheheryar felt horrible seeing his wife's fragile form on their bed, she looked so disturbed even in her unconscious form. He sat by her side and caressed her head, he knew that he had messed up big time. He remembered promising Aaina's mother that he would take care of her daughter and he mentally scoffed at how he had taken care of her. 

Aaina could feel her head being heavy as she tried to squint her eyes open, she groaned as her head hurt way too much. Sheheryar carefully held her free hand without the IV and looked at her. 

"Aaina? Are you feeling okay? Do you need water?" She could hear the concern in his voice but she forced her eyes shut and shook her head indicating that she didn't want anything. She cursed herself for letting a heartless man like her husband rule over her stupid heart. She didn't want to melt at the way he was looking at her so it was better for her to have her eyes shut. 

"Aaina, ammi told me everything and I truly am sorry. I know my apology would hold no importance to what I had told you when I was angry. I really didn't mean any of it." Aaina struggled to free her hand from his hold. 

"Sheheryar, aapne mera bohot dil dukhaya hai aur aapki ammi ne bhi, main yeh sab bardasht nahi kar sakti. Main bachpan se yeh saara mental pressure nahi le sakti hoon aur behtari issi mein hai ki hum soch lein ki hume saath rehna chahiye ya nahi. Aapne barey aasaani se mujhe bol diya ki main apni ammi ki taraf chali jaaoun as though this isn't my house. Aapne mujhe ehsaas dilaya hai ki meri aapki family mein aur iss ghar mein koi jagha nahi hai." 

"Aaina, please aisa nahi bolo. You are my family, I know maine tumhe aise feel karwaya hai par I promise main kuch bhi karne ko tayaar hoon, bas mujhe maaf kardo. Aur please yeh alayda hone ki baat phir kabhi mat karna. Main ammi se bhi baat karunga, wou aaj ke baad kabhi hamari life mein interfere nahi karegi." He pleaded softly.

"Main thak gayi hoon, mazeed baat nahi karna chahti. Please jaayein aur mujhe akela chorr dein jaise aap hamesha chorte hai." She felt too bitter to speak to him anymore. 

Sheheryar glanced at her sleeping form with a sigh and got up to sit on the sofa, there was no way he would leave the room. He felt his phone vibrate and picked it up to see a message from his mother saying that she has sent across food for Aaina and also asked if she could come and visit her tomorrow. He took a deep breath and instead of replying, he simply left her on seen. 

He quietly left the room to get food from downstairs. He poured the yakhni into a bowl and placed a glass of orange juice and fruits on the tray. He walked back to the room with the tray and placed it on the bedside table. 

"Aaina, uth jaao aur khaana khaao please. Ammi ne yakhni banakar bheji hai tumhare liye." Aaina wanted to tell him that she doesn't want to eat anything made by the person who is the root cause of all their problems but again whatever happened in the past week was simply her husband's fault. 

Besides, her mother in law had apologized to her and Aaina just hoped that she would never repeat her actions. She mentally made a note to keep her distance and not get over friendly, that's why she always wished that there was no fight in the first place. Mending your relationship with your in laws becomes difficult after the first fight because it becomes  a never ending process then. She had seen how her grandmother would keep fighting with her mother and even when they'd get okay, there would always be a reason to fight again. 

She just hoped that she doesn't have to face anymore fights because she was honestly done with the anxiety she would get when her mother and grandmother would fight, it had been a while she had felt this way and probably her fight with Sheheryar had just triggered all the moments when she would cocoon up in her room and cover herself with her blanket because of the environment at her place. 

She sat upright on the bed with Sheheryar's help and opened her mouth when he forwarded the spoon to her, the yakhni was indeed tasty and she had to hold back the urge to moan at the flavor. 

He made it a point that his wife finished everything on the tray, he then wiped her face and pressed his lips on her forehead. She momentarily shut her eyes and breathed in his scent that somehow calmed her nerves.

She missed this closeness and took a deep breath when he further kissed her cheek before whispering 'sorry'. She did not want to melt already but this man made her vulnerable. 

He looked at her closed eyes and smiled slightly before picking up the tray and keeping it in the kitchen.

Aaina felt quite better and she raised her eyes as she saw her husband getting into the room and locked the door. She could feel her heartbeat fasten as he sat by her side. 

"You mean a lot to me, Aaina. The distance between us made me realize how important you are in my life. I hope this makes you understand my feelings for you. I'm not an expressive man, I don't really know much about speaking my heart out but what I do know is that my wife is very understanding and I'm sure she understands what I want to say." She wanted to kiss him already but somehow she wanted to hear the three words from his mouth.

She didn't know if she was being childish at this point but words left her mouth before she could think it over, "So tell me that you love me if you really want me to start afresh?" 

He really wanted to but for now he felt that his wife was forcing the words out of his mouth. Aaina looked at him with her big eyes and felt stupid for begging for a man's love. 

"Aaina, I-" He paused, finding it way too difficult. He mentally cursed himself for not being able to express his love. His wife, on the other hand, made a face and laid down.