The new job ~ Chapter 2

The bakery across the street
(Louis POV)

"Louis...? Louis where are you?" I could hear James calling me.
"I'm coming" I said and starting walking towards the living room, everything suddenly seeming so huge to me.
"Wait... why is everything so big I'm not even THAT small?"
"Louis?" James now shouted
"James I just said I'm coming stop screaming my name!"  I shouted back just entering the living room
"There you are. I was looking for you everywhere" he said, picking me up in his arms.
"Picking me up?! Wait wot is happening?"
He sat down in the armchair next to the couch with me sitting in his lap, now starting to stroke my stomach.
"James mate, what the fook are you doing? Stop stroking me! I'm not your fooking pet" I said, trying to get out of his hold and from his lap. Just then, the doorbell started ringing. While he still had me in his arms, he walked to the entrance so he could open the door.
"Ah Neil I've been expecting you, come in." James  said while he looked at him, starting to stroke my stomach again.
"Well, well well long time no see lad but what are you doing here, I thought you wanted to stay in Doncaster" I asked him, but he ignored me. "Neil?"
"I didn't know you had a cat?" he said taking off his shoes.
"You have a cat? Why not a doggo?" I asked, looking at James confused.
"Oh yeah that's my cat Louis just got him" he said, making me chuckle.
"You named your cat after me? Thanks mate, I'm flattered, but why the honor?" He ignored me again. "mate, are you kidding me ello?" but he still didn't answer and just kept on petting me.
"For god's sake would you let me down and, stop. with. the. stroking."
"Cool can I pet him?" Neil asked
"Yeah sure here." James answered, handing me over to Neil.
"Wait, wot why is he handing me over?! Am I James' ca-"
But just then his phone started ringing but it didn't stop.

Thankfully I woke up because of my alarm ringing.
„Oh, thank god. It was just a dream. I wouldn't  want to be his cat. I mean James and I are good friends and he's a nice lad, but I don't wanna  be a cat and, second of all, not James'. "

It's 6:05am and I have to get ready for my new job at the Kindergarten. I'm very good with kids since I grew up with 6 little siblings, 5 sisters and one brother. I love spending time with toddlers because of their creativity and their point of view on life or just how caring and loving they are. The funny thing is, James is going to be my boss. He has known me since I was 5 years old, and he's always been like an uncle to me. And he's definitely family. I had just moved to London and needed a job. He owns his own kindergarten and was just looking for a new employee. So that's how I got my new job.

I just got done with getting ready. I chose my favorite black skinny's and a shirt from one of my favorite bands, "Joy Division". It's a black t-shirt with the song title of one of my favorites, 'love will tear us apart'. Me mum, my siblings and I always listened to it together with our best dance moves. As I took another look in the mirror, I received a text from my mum.

Chat with: mum <3 (6:45am)

Mum <3: Good morning Boobear, I hope you have a good first day at work. I'm very proud of you. We Miss you. And you have to tell me how your first day with James went. I Love you xx.

I miss them all so much, mum, Lottie, Fizzy, Daisy, Phoebe, Doris, and me brother Ernest.

As I look at the time, I have to hurry if I want to grab some breakfast from that bakery across the street. I replied with a quick „thanks mum, I love you too and I miss you guys so much. I'm gonna call you later, but now I gotta go to work. Love you xx.", grab my keys and step outside the apartment.

As I entered the bakery, I could see a tall guy with brown curly hair standing behind the counter. Right when I stand in front of him, he looks up.

„Wow, he has such beautiful green eyes. "