See you mate ~ Chapter 4

The bakery across the street
(Harry's POV)

The weekend passed by rather quickly and it was Monday. Yay. Note the sarcasm. In five minutes, I had to leave for work. I had just finished my breakfast and brushed my teeth. After that, I changed into normal clothes and grabbed my phone from the charger. It's just 4:47am, perfect time to leave for work. I put on my coat and shoes before taking my bag and keys, stepping outside, and closing the door behind me.

As I entered the bakery, I could already smell freshly baked bread. That's why I loved working here. I have loved baking since I was nine. I always used to bake something either with my grandma, mum, sister, or all of us together. Every Sunday, our grandma came over and we'd try a new recipe for breakfast. My grandpa used to bake with us as well, but when I was 4 years old, he passed away due to internal bleeding, so I don't really have a memory of that anymore...
Well, back to the moral of the story, baking kind of helped me cope with that. It just calmed me and every time I cried or was upset, I would bake trays of my favorite cookies, chocolate brownie fudge cookies yum. I still do that...I know it's childish.

It's just so wonderful to work here. I meet so many new people every day and I made so many friends. My chef and my coworkers are also very nice, and I get along with them really well. That's why I was greeted with a big group hug from my coworkers Ally, Lena, and Max when I entered the bakery.

"Hey Harry" Ally said, smiling at me. "Hey, it's really nice to see you guys. How were your weekends?" I ask while taking off my coat and instead putting on my apron. "It was nice Ally and I met Olivia and Diana", Lena said happily. Lena and Ally have been best friends since college. They met because of being roommates and they've been insuperable ever since. Olivia and Diana are sisters that used to work here. But they sadly had to quit because they moved away. For them to get here on time, they'd have to wake up at 2am, which is a bit hardcore if you ask me. So, I can understand it, but that doesn't mean I don't miss them.

"That's great!" I smiled "I miss them though. I hope I can come with you guys next time. Well, what about you Max?" I asked while we walked towards the kitchen. "I was on a date with Linda who I told you about" he said with a huge smile plastered on his face. "Well, I'm guessing it went well?" Ally chuckled looking at Max funnily. "It surely did" I don't know how it's possible, but his smile turned even wider. "I'm going to tell you later when we have break, because if we want to open at 7 sharp, we have to hurry a bit we're not finished with the scones and the cinnamon rolls" he said. "And also, we don't want to get our asses slapped from Bryan" Lena added chuckling while starting to get a bowl and the ingredients.

After we had everything done and in place, we still had five minutes left before the bakery would open. "Oh, Harry, before I forget to tell you, on Saturday a guy asked for you?" Ally said while she cleaned the tables. My eyes grew wide.

„What if it was Louis?... nah why would he? I mean we met just two days ago. Maybe it was a friend or someone from the football team."

"What did he look like?" I asked, still a flicker of hope that it might've been Louis. "It was a shorter guy with brown hair and blue or grey eyes. I don't quite remember" she said, making a smile appear on my face.

„What if it actually was Louis?! I mean he is shorter than me and has blue eyes and brown hair-"

My thoughts were interrupted by Lena who started laughing and bumped her hip playfully into my side. "Haz, you forgot to tell us something?" She teased, wiggling her eyebrows making the others laugh and my cheeks slightly heating up. "Well, I might have forgot to tell yo-" I was interrupted again but this time it wasn't one of my friends, it was the ring from the doorbell telling us a customer arrived. As I turned to see who it was, I blushed even more, guess who's standing there...