Flour fight ~ Chapter 9

The bakery across the street
(Louis' POV)

As normally I walk inside of the bakery, already happy to see Harry. And just like usual, he looks up from whatever delicious food he just made, looking me in the eyes and smiling. I smiled back at him, but today his smile looked different, kind of nervous?

"Hello shorty" he said, smirking at me with an evil glance in his eyes.
„How dare he say that?!"
"I am NOT short, for the record I'm 5'9!" I huffed, rolling my eyes. "besides it ain't my fault you look like a tree" I say with a stern voice
„With the tree thing I wasn't too far off tho, tall like a tree, his eyes green like the leaves in summer, and his hair brown like the color of a tree trunk."
"Sure, whatever you say big guy" he said still smirking.
"Don't test me Harold" I said warningly.
"Sassy, are we? Nothing new" he said, with an amused smile on his face.

"I warned ya" I said before I took a bit of flour that was still on the counter and threw it at Harry, which hit his shoulder. "Heyyy unfair" he whined, but then started laughing, throwing flour back at me, which hit me right in the face. And that's how we started a flour fight, standing right in the bakery until... the door got opened by a man with black hair, in a suit, staring at us as if we killed someone.

"Good Morning Sir, what can I get for you" Harry asked, trying to act serious while I was trying not to laugh at the look on the man's face. But when I looked at Harry's face, which was fully covered in flour, I myself probably not looking any better, I nearly burst out laughing.
"A black coffee and crôïssañt" the man said, making me finally burst out laughing. This situation couldn't get any more hilarious. Harry and I were covered in flour from head to toe, trying to suppress our smiles, making us look even more like maniacs. The way he pronounced croissant made it even worse. So now Harry and I were clutching our stomachs laughing like little children.

"Excuse me?" the man said, making it even worse for me, but Harry tried to calm down. "I'm sorry your coffee will be done in a second" he said, trying not to smirk, turning around to the coffee machine.

After the man left, we burst out laughing again.
"The look on his face, I cannot" Harry giggles, making a warm feeling take over my body. "And how he said croissant, my mate really doesn't know how to pronounce it." I laughed. "Oh god no don't remind me of that" Harry laughs making something in his eyes sparkle. "And how mad he looked when he probably left for work" Harry continues to laugh but just as he said that it hits me.

„Shit, I gotta go to work."

"Harry I've gotta get to work looking like this" I said, high pitched, shaking him. "Oops" he said laughing again.
"This ain't funny you lil shit" I exclaimed, but Harry wouldn't stop laughing at me. "Harrryyy" I whine.
"Okay I'm sorry today's order goes on me" he said trying not to laugh. I glared at him, trying to look mad, but I could already feel the smile tug at my lips.

After he gave me my food, I almost sprinted out of the bakery towards my car. On half the way there, James called me and asked where I was. And when I arrived at the kindergarten he was already waiting in front of the building. As I walked towards him, he at first tried to look serious, but when he got a better look at me, he burst out laughing as well.

"Louis mate, what happened to you" he laughed, looking me up and down. "Harry and I got into a flour fight" I chuckled. "Well, it seems to me that he won" James chuckled. "Excuse you, he didn't. It's not about winners or losers, but if you'd look at him you could say he bathed in it" I huff.