Midnight Memories ~ Chapter 6

The bakery across the street
(Harry's POV)

"Wait, you guys know each other? And Gemma, how do you know Louis?" Liam asked, raising his eyebrows, confusion clearly written over his face.

"Well, I know Louis from the bakery, but I don't know about Gemma and Louis... but wait, is he the Louis from work?" I said, looking at her with a questioning look. "Yes, but that's the Louis from the bakery? Omg Plot twist" "You guys talk about me? " Louis asks, looking between us two. "Wait what? I'm so confused" Niall says, flicking his gaze between the three of us as well, looking like a lost puppy.

"Well, Louis, the others and I work at the kindergarten and Harry met Louis in the bakery. So, Liam must be Louis' old friend?" Gemma said, trying to explain "Yes, but how do you guys know each other? Wait is Harry your brother? That's why you looked so similar when I met you" Louis now says, causing me to smile. "Wow, my life makes sense again " Niall chuckles, making us laugh as well. "Well now that we have cleared that, how about everyone introduces themselves again and we get you something to drink" Liam proposed.

After I got introduced to Louis and Gemma's coworkers, Zayn, and Taylor, we got a round of shots and talked for a bit. They all seem very nice, but I'm still not in a good mood. After 10 more minutes of small talk, they all left the bar because they wanted to dance. Expect for Gemma who decided to stay with me.

"So, I guess we know the same Louis, huh" she said and wiggled with her eyebrows, sipping on her drink. "Well, I suppose so, but could you please stop... that" I chuckled, motioning my hands in front of her face. "Yea, yea... but why didn't you go with the others dancing? You were so excited to be here, last time we spoke" "I could ask you the same thing but I'm just not in the mood anymore."

She's right. Usually, I love this place. The blue purplish lights, the huge disco ball hanging from the ceiling, the music that's somewhat a mix between the early 2000's and oldies, the vibe and the sparkly floor that is sticky because of too many spilled drinks. And my favorite spot nearby the bar, where you could take pictures in a photo booth where fairy lights were hung. I have great memories of this place.

"No, we ain't having that. Just c'mon and dance with me, you're gonna have fun, I promise. We can also ask for your favorite soooONG" she said in a pleading sing sang voice. "Fine" I said, rolling my eyes, smiling at her. "Yes, that's the spirit c'mon chop, chop before you change your mind" she said, holding her hand out for me.

Meanwhile, the club filled with more and more people, so it was hard to get through to the dance floor. Gemma was leading us through the crowd, and we finally found the other's... well, who was left from them. Liam, Zayn, and Louis are dancing near the DJ pult, while Niall probably took off to get another drink. That guy drinks like it's nothing sometimes. And Taylor was on the other side talking to a girl with brown wavy hair.

"Hey guys" Gemma shouted over the loud music. "Hi" Louis shouted back, smiling at us. We danced a while and it actually was fun, the music was good and after we took another round of shots, I decided it was time for one of my favorite songs. I pushed through the crowd of dancing people until I reached the DJ pult. The song doesn't really suit the ones that were being played, but who cares? When I reached the Pult, I was surprised to see that Jamie, Diana's boyfriend, was the DJ. No wonder the music was so good. At the moment, a song called "Temporary Fix" was playing.

"Omg Harry, I haven't seen you in such a long time "he says, hugging me. "Yes, it's been 5 months. That's crazy. How is your new house?" I asked, returning the hug. "It's so amazing. I love it, but I do miss eating breakfast at the bakery" he smiled at me. "I miss you guys too. I wish I could've visited you last weekend with Ally and Lena" I frowned.