Page five

I was smiling at the thought of me being so smart and he definitely noticed my change in mood. I looked at him and asked him what, then I started eating. It was really good food, Barbatos did an awesome job. We didn’t talk the whole time, until we finished eating, which was close to about the same time. 

“So what did you want to talk about with Lord Diavolo?”

“Well I actually didn’t have anything in mind really, I was just really hungry and conversation is easy. Maybe talk about how Lucifer only listens to him and bargain for something?”

He tilted his head in slight confusion and pressed on. I tried to explain that if Lord Diavolo loosened up on Lucifer or gave Lucifer advice on loosening up. It is just that I am tired of him being so strict, maybe he is just over-protective. He seemed to understand and nodded his head, he stood up which confused me a bit. He gestured for me to get up so I did and he headed to the living room and I followed after him. We sit down and I am still very curious where Lord Diavolo is. 

“So where is Lord Diavolo? I haven’t seen him the whole time I have been here.”

“He is up in his room working on things for the party. I was trying to help but he is confident that he doesn’t need any. Enough about our Lord, what have you been up to? Is there a reason you want Lucifer to loosen up?”

I sigh and try to find the right words to describe everything. Luckily Barbatos is being patient with me. I explain how my brothers affect me, I actually open up to him about this. Maybe it was the calming tea or just Barbatos’s presence but I felt comfortable not putting up any wall, at least just this once. He looks as if he is about to say something but I beat him to it. 

“Don’t think I will just talk out in the open like this normally though! And I am not weak, I am the Great Mammon!”

“I know you aren’t weak Mammon, you deal with a lot and I know such can cause stress and issues. You can talk to me again sometime if you would like, it’s okay. Just don’t say anything more right now I understand.”

I was surprised at hearing this, I was about to speak again but I stopped and realized that I had been crying. I bow my head and quickly wipe my tears, I didn't need to cry and shouldn’t have. I felt something touch me and looked up to see Barbatos’s hand on my shoulder, he had a sympathetic look. Then he pulled me into a hug and whispered into my ear, telling me that it is okay. Just the fact that he didn’t care about me being all cool, and that it was fine to have a break. I hugged back and smiled into his shoulder, he smelled really nice. It was a very calming experience. I almost fell asleep. 
He let go of me and I stood up, and smirked at him. I said that I had to go, after that I turned around and walked towards the door. I opened it but before I left I had to speak up once more.

“You are pretty amazing Barbatos! Thank you, but don’t get cocky or used to this!”