Where are you?

Jennie whimpered as she felt cold and turned around to hold onto Y/N, but got nothing. She instantly opened her eyes and looked at the other side. It was untouched and cold. Jennie gulped in heavily as her heart pounded profoundly in her chest.

She sprawled her bedsheets along and stood up hurriedly. Hoping to find the girl in the kitchen, she walked out and into the kitchen. But, it was empty.

"No... No... Y/N..." she mumbled along while rushing up to her bathroom. She opened the door and found no one.

Her breathing was now coming in short terms as she panicked. Storms of thoughts filled her brain and she got overwhelmed. She raked her hands in the hair and licked down her dry lips. Her throat felt parched.

Jennie needed Y/N. Close to her. Assuring her.

Immediately, she rushed to her bedside table and picked up her phone. Unlocking it, she found a message on top. She opened it and found herself sighing out in relief.

*****

Babe💖: Hey, beautiful. I'm going to the hospital. There is an emergency and they need me, so I'll call you afterward. Love you :)

*****

Jennie let herself slump down on the bed while rubbing her palms on her face. She quickly picked up her phone and decided to ring Y/N up, but got interrupted by a familiar voice shouting out her name.

"Jennie? Are you in your room?"

Jennie's eyes filled up to brim and she cried out, "Mom! You're home!"

Rushing outside the door, she walked into the living room, where she saw her mother standing with her luggage behind her. Jennie walked up to her and embraced her tightly while tears seeped down.

Mrs. Kim wrapped her arms around her daughter and said, "Hey, sweetie. How have you been?"

"I missed you, Mom... So much," Jennie said in between her sobs and Mrs. Kim pulled apart to wipe her tears away. She smiled and pressed a warm kiss on her forehead, saying, "Don't cry, Jen. Warriors don't cry, they fight."

Jennie let out a chuckle and said, "You sound like Y/N, Mom."

At that, her mother's face turned into a grim expression and she said, "About her... Let's sit and have a talk after I finish setting my things."

Jennie nodded and watched her mother walking towards her room. She sighed out and felt a sense of relief washing over her. Mom was there and now everything will be okay, she thought to herself.

Quickly freshening up and getting ready, she walked into the kitchen to see her mother cooking breakfast.

Jennie sat in the chair and asked, "What are you making, Mom?"

"Kimchi fried rice. I was craving it for a while," she replied and served them in two bowls before bringing them over.

She settled down beside Jennie and they both prayed before eating up. Jennie hummed in satisfaction and said, "You're the best cook, Mom!"

Mrs. Kim chuckled and replied, "Of course, I am. How have you been, Jen... with all this?"

Jennie settled her chopsticks down and stared far away on the floor, saying, "I was terrified and anxious at first, to be honest, Mom. Everything happened so suddenly... that I couldn't get time to process it all through. But..."

"But?" Mrs. Kim rested her hand on her daughter's and gave her a worried glance.

Jennie looked at her and gave her a warm smile, saying, "But, I got better... Y/N made sure of that. She was here for two days and took care of me... She didn't leave me for a single minute."