Safe and together

Jennie looked up from her lap, at the wall clock. It showed 2:30 in the evening.

She twirled her flower bracelet on her finger while trying to control the lump forming in her throat.

In half an hour, she was going to marry Jongin. The man once she dreamt to marry but now hated the reality with every cell in her body.

Jennie looked up and stared at her reflection. She was wearing her wedding gown, her hair tied up in a bun and veil pinned up behind. The off-shoulder dress showed off her fine collarbone and sharp shoulders. With just a little bit of make-up, she looked insanely beautiful.

She imagined this day a lot in her mind. How she wanted to dress up and everything else. But, not like this, when she was forced to marry a man who just kidnapped her love, Y/N.

Mrs. Kim was dressed finely and stood behind her as she kept her hand on her shoulder.

They shared eye contact through the mirror and Jennie couldn't help but take in a trembling breath.

Mrs. Kim felt her heart clenching at her daughter's blank eyes. The light and adoration she loved on her daughter's face got vanished. She couldn't look anymore at her daughter and turned around to stand across the bridal room.

Jisoo and Rosé shared uneasy looks while looking between them. They were also all dolled up for the event and undesirably were the maid of honor for Jennie.

"Where is Lisa?" Jisoo asked, lowly.

Rosé looked at the phone screen and replied, "She was with Somi last time we talked... I don't know where is she."

"Then, text her or call her. Ask her what is she doing," Jisoo said.

"I... can't," was simply Royse's reply. She was still a little upset about their conversation and was trying her best to avoid Lisa at the moment.

"What--"

Jisoo got interrupted by a sharp knock on the door. She stood up and reached to open the door.

"Mr. Kim has ordered for you all to reach the hall," an old man dressed in a three-piece suit said while bowing his head a little.

"We are coming," Jisoo replied and closed the door behind her. She walked up to Jennie and said, "Jen? It's time to go."

Without any word or retortion, Jennie stood up and walked past the girl slowly. Jisoo solemnly looked at her friend and walked behind her. Rosé also joined them with Mrs. Kim in pursuit.

Reaching outside, there stood Jongin wearing his white blazer and a black shirt beneath. He smiled smugly at Jennie and said, "You look beautiful, babe."

"Watch it, Jongin," she furiously purred.

"Ooh, I'm scared!" Jongin mocked before chuckling out loud. He yanked her hand and hooked it in his elbow, saying, "Now, don't be angry, and let's enjoy our wedding. I even called Taeyeon to perform for us."

"You called Kim Taeyeon?!" Rosé asked, astounded.

"Why, yes my dear Roseanne. I did," Jongin said with a sly smile which made Rosé gag at.

Walking forward, Jongin pulled Jennie with her and they both entered the hall. It was filled with many reporters to record every second of the wedding. Some guests were from the music industry and fellows that Jennie knew. Some were new to her but overall, she felt apprehensive.

"He really went all out," Rosé whispered in Jisoo's ear and she nodded in response.

Mrs. Kim and the girls took their seats as Taeyeon walked forward to the couple with her mic in hand. She gave them her infamous smile and said, "Congratulations on getting married. I'm honored to sing a song at your wedding."