Chapter 3:

When I woke up the next morning, I was happy. I don't think I could go through another one of those terrible dreams.
"Oh Em!!!!! It's time to wake up!!!!!!! We forgot to watch the re-showing of the other reapings so we are doing it this morning. Up Up Up!!!" I heard the annoying voice of the preppy princess call. I hopped out of bed to find another beautiful dress sitting on my dresser. I put it on to find it was even more comfortable and beautiful than yesterday's. I was overjoyed. I was about to leave when Luca walked in.
"I need to do your make-up then you can go." He said smiling. I smiled back and let him work. Once again I was stunning when he was finished. I thanked him and went out.
"Oh goodie, you're here!! We were just about to start." Janie said excitedly, patting the seat next to her. I sat where she told me to. Then we watched the reapings. The whole thing was kind of boring so I just concentrated on the names of the tributes and maybe a glimpse or two at them.

Of course my district was first.
"Everyone. Give a hand for our tributes from District 1, Justin Lakewood and Emma Janson!" We heard Janie say. I shuddered remembering. This was not a time I wanted to relive.

"Introducing your two tributes from District 2, Edward Parkson and Diamond Shore!"

"Please give a round of applause for your tributes from District 3, Steven Polio and Lucille Daring!"

"Now without further a-due here are your tributes from District 4, Librit Forrestt and Sundai Driler!"

"Frank Steller and Octavia Igna! Your District 5 tributes!!!"

"Dalen Kiak and Angela Jeoak from District 6."

"District 7's tributes, Tyler Walters and Ali Patterson!!"

"Here they are ladies and gentleman. District 8's tributes, James Dreter and Izzy Wade!!!"

"Oh yes!! Here we go another year of tributes!! Kenny Lither and Kalie Lifit! From District 9!!!"

"Tucker Danl and Reese Trop!!! District 10's tributes!!"

"District 11 now presents you with your tributes, Sello Pweenson and Starla Itsft.

"Congratulations to your District 12 tributes Obro Werson and Kay Suthie!!!

"Colin Standly and Sally Coin. Your tributes from District 13. Give it up for them!!"

Then it was over. The competition looked fierce this year from what I saw, but you know what. I'm not going to be afraid. I'm going to hold my head up high and prepare for my death.
--------
"Oh look. It's Mahogany!!" I heard the peppy princess yell as we come to a table.
I don't know what it is with the capital people, but if I can remember right Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark's mentor Effie Tricket used to say 'oh mahogany' or 'that is MAHONGANY!' A lot. I looked back to see Peter and Kathy had looked at each-other and smile like they were remembering something when Janie said that.
I still can't shake the feeling that I know them from somewhere. It's driving me absolutely insane, but I seem to be the only one who feel's like something just isn't right. I
"Here it is. The Capital." I hear Kathy mumble, looking at Peter with a worried glance. I heard a mumbled, "Are you sure we can do this?"
Peter smiled reassuringly and nodded, while Kathy looked relieved, but still a bit uncertain. She took a breath and looked back out the window. Trying to comfort her, Peter took her hand. I smiled at how cute they were. Even though I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about, I didn't care.
I looked out the window myself to see all types of strange looking people cheering for me and I waved. Justin came up and started doing to the same thing.
The crowd went wild. Absolutely wild.
Peter and Kathy walked over.
"Good you two. Keep it up. This is what gets you sponsors." Kathy said.
Peter nodded. "You also have the advantage, being from one and all. People already love you before they even meet you. You're strong. People from one always are."
Not me. I said to myself. I'm not strong. I didn't volunteer or anything. This was forced upon me.
"Hey you okay?" Kathy asked from beside me. I didn't even realize I wasn't smiling anymore.
I sighed, snapping back into reality. "Yeah I'm good."
She smiled, understandingly. "Alright. Well just know if you need anything, I'm right here."
I smiled back and nodded. Normally I won't believe someone who has anything to do with the Capital, but I found a strange comfort with Kathy. So when I smiled and nodded, it was sincere.
I looked back out the window and continued waving. I even threw in a few kisses. The crowd went wild below me, and it was kinda fun.
I was almost sad when I couldn't see them anymore. Almost.