Chapter 11:

(A/N HELLO! so my friends and I are doing a Hunger Games Movie. I posted part 1 of the description up above. It's a three page thing, so here is page one and I'll post the rest on the next to chapters. We have a video of what you see above, just a little different, that will be In the beginning of the movie, but it's in my camera roll and it's a video, so I can't post it on here. (If anyone knows how you can, please tell me) I would love to know what you think About it. Anyway enough of my blabber. On with the story.

Also... OH MY FREAKED GOSH I HAD A TRAILER MADE AND IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFULEST THING I HAVE EVER SAW LIKE AJHDAKIFHIEREJDNS. The amazing brookieismyname made it for me. She is so nice, AND awesome at making trailers. Go check her out!)

"Hello Emma. It's time to wake up." Katniss said gently, shaking me awake.
"Hm?" I asked, still half asleep.
"C'mon. Get up. Today is individual assessment day."
My eyes slowly opened. Katniss smiled. "Are you ready for today?"
I shrugged. "I don't know. I mean they've seen my use my bow-"
"Are you good with anything else?" Katniss stopped me.
"Not really. My bow is my best shot."
"Then use it. Ask for moving dummies and for moving targets, challenge yourself, just make sure you don't over do it." Katniss instructed.
I laughed a little. "So do the opposite of what Justin will do."
Katniss laughed. "Exactly. Peeta is in there now telling him not to over do it, but like that's going to help."
I shook my head, a little laughter still coming out. "So how high does scoring go again?"
"It goes up to 13. It used to be 12, but since District 13 is in it they decided to make it go up one. I don't know why."
"Oh. What did you get? Do you remember?" I asked.
"First or second time?" Katniss mumbled.
"First." I didn't know if I was suppose to answer that but I did anyway.
"I got a 11." Katniss smiled.
"Really? Oh my that's amazing!" I gushed.
Katniss blushed. "Ah it's not great."
"Did anyone get a higher score?" I asked.
"I don't think so." She responded.
"So then it is amazing!" I repeated.
She blushed again. "Thanks." Katniss cleared her throat and stood up. "Now. Anyway, you best go get ready. The Individual Assessments start soon."
I nodded and ran into the bathroom.
My outfit was laid out, and I put it on. It was plain. A black t-shirt and black leggings. I quickly brushed my teeth and hair, and hurried out of the bathroom. I was running late.
Justin was waiting for me when I walked out.
"Are you ready for today, Em?" He asked. I shuddered. I don't like him calling me Em, but what am I going to do about it?
"Yup. I'm ready." I grinned. It was fake of corse. "I bet I'm gonna do great."
Be a Career. Be a Career.
Justin laughed. "Your sounding more and more like a Career each day. I knew I was right getting you in the pack. You much better off with us then with the low life nothing's that were your friends. You actually have a chance now!"
It took all my power not to smack him into tomorrow.
I put the best fake grin I could manage. "Yeah. They don't stand a chance against us."
"That they don't." Justin grinned back. He obviously bought it.

"Edward! Librit!" Justin yelled, running up to them as we got to the area where our Individual Assessments will be.
"Hey man!" They greeted. The three boys ran off, talking. So I went over to Sundai and Diamond.
"Hey Em!" Diamond smiles.
"Hey." Sundai mumbled. Looks like she still doesn't like me.
"Hey guys!" I smiles back. "You ready for today?"
"Definitely." Diamond grinned.
"Yeah." Sundai mumbled.
Diamond rolled her eyes. "Come on, Sun. Don't be mad at her just because she's good with a bow. Your good with an axe. It's not going to work if you two hate each-other, and your on the same team."
Sundai looked at Diamond shocked, then looked at me. She sighed. "Your right." Sundai turned to me. "Look I'm sorry I've been such a jerk. It's just I'm not used to coming in second. In my District I was always the best girl with a bow. Now you come in. Your the youngest Career, and your better with a bow than me. Justin seems to be taking a liking onto you too. That means if it comes down to it, he will choose you over me when he's choosing who to save. I need to get back to my family. My mom's on her deathbed, and my father was killed long ago. I have a little brother who's eight, and to twin sisters who are three. I didn't have the best life growing up, because my mom couldn't support me. Yes I live in a rich District, but that doesn't mean everyone is rich. I didn't volunteer just for fame, I didn't volunteer just to do my District proud. I volunteered to win so my sibling can have the life they deserve after my mom is gone. If I don't make it." She trailed off. "If I don't make it, my siblings will be taken into a good orphanage. It's better than any life I could provide without money. But if I do win, I'll give them the life they deserve."
I was stunned. I didn't realize that Career's actually had a reasonable reason for wanting to be in the games.
"Oh Sundai. I'm so sorry." I exclaimed, pulling her into a hug. Diamond joined in. Sundai sniffed. "I'm so sorry." She whispered.
Maybe being with the Career's isn't as bad as I thought is was going to be. They actually do have a heart.
"Don't apologize Sundai. It's okay." I said.
"Yeah Sun-" Dimaond started. She was cut off by a broadcast.
"Attention all tributes. Please report to the Tribute Waiting Room immediately. Thank you."
"Come on guys." I said. "Let's show the Gamemakers what we are made of." I grabbed both of their hands, and we walked into the room. That's when it dawned on me that female always go before the male. That means I am the very first person to go.
I took a deep breath. Hopefully they like me.
We all sat down in these really uncomfortable chairs. After what seemed like forever, but was only a few minutes they called me in.
"Emma Janson. 14. District 1. Career." I stated, as I had been told earlier by Katniss.
The Gamemakers nodded.
"Please send out..." I paused. How many dummies did I want to use? "Four moving dummies. Two long distance, two short." I told them. I hope I didn't just bite off more than I can chew.
"Alright." David Greticly said. As far as I know that is the head Gamemakers name. That what I heard from adults during training, so I'm guessing that's his name. Four moving dummies were quickly sent out.
One had a sword, one had an axe, another had a bow and arrow, and the last one had a triton.
I decided I would go for the one with the bow and arrow one, then the triton one, then the one with an axe, and finally the one with the sword.
"Are you ready, Emma?" David asked.
I looked up at him and smiled. "I'm ready!" I really wasn't, because if I don't do well, I'll loose the respect of my team, they won't want me, and then my friends will be killed.
The dummies started up, and I took a deep breath. I loaded my bow as soon as the dummies started at me, and shot at the dummy with the bow and arrow. I hit it directly in the heart, and it stopped. I loaded my bow again, and shot at the one with the triton. I hit it in the forehead. It shut down. I smiled to myself. I'm doing great. I was just about to load my bow again, when I realized the last two dummies were surrounding me. My heart started to pound. I was going to get it. The dummy with the axe threw it at me, and I knew I was done for. I decided to try one last thing, so I ducked. The axe went over my head, and right into the neck of the last dummy. I grinned and picked the axe out of the dummy's neck. I chucked it, so the final dummy really was defenseless. The final dummy ran after the axe, to my surprise. I grinned again, loaded my arrow, and shot the final dummy in the spinal cord. It shut down.
I laughed. I did it! The judges all started clapping. I looked to the judges, and smiled. "Can I show one more thing?"
David grinned. "Well time was up three minutes ago, but go ahead"
I smiled again. They must really like me.
"I know this isn't really what most people will do, but can I have a dummy that's screaming like it's going into war, a table with poisonous and non poisonous fruits on it, and a slingshot?"
"Uh sure?" David said, confused.
I nodded as a table was rolled in with fruits and a slingshot on it. And a dummy was rolled in.
I examined the table, and right away I found a poisonous one. "I'm ready!" I smiled.
David nodded, and the dummy started up. It opened its mouth and started screaming as it ran at me. I picked up the poisonous one, and put it in the slingshot. There was a moment of hesitation. What was I doing? I didn't practice with a slingshot! What if I miss!
"There's no going back now..." I mumbled under my breath.
I aimed, and shot.

It landed right in the mouth of the dummy, the dummy stopped what it was doing, and it looked like it was chocking. My plan was that if the dummy didn't chock on the berry, it would swallow it and die.
Finally the dummy shut down, and I looked up at the Gamemakers, who were on their feet, clapping.

I did great. I did my team proud. And I know I will do great in the arena.

Wait did I really just say that?

I referred to them as my team. Am I really becoming a true Career?
I can't. I won't. I am not a Career.

I sighed and looked at the Gamemakers. "Thank you."
They smiled. "No thank you!" David answered.
I smiled the best I could and walked out!
"Justin Lakewood." A robotic voice said. Justin smiled at me as I walked by, and I tried to smile back.
"Do great!" I told him.
"Oh I intend too." He responded with the cocky attitude that I hate.

I went back to my seat.
"So. How'd it go?" Sundai asked.
"Great." I grinned. "I think I did really good."
"That's great!" Diamond said, coming into the conversation. "I hope I do good too."
"I'm sure you will." Sundai said.
I nodded in agreement.

Soon everyone went back, one by one. Sundai, Justin, and Librit thought they did good. The others weren't so sure.

We would find out soon.

Justin and I walked back to our room, his arm over my shoulder. I wanted to push it off, and vomit, but I couldn't. I knew I couldn't. Justin Had to think I liked it with him.
He joked the whole way up, and kept looking at me.

I wonder if he is starting to have feelings for me.
My, I hope not.

We finally made it up to the room, and Katniss, Peeta, Janie, and Luca were all waiting for us. I don't know where Justin's stylist was, but she wasn't there.
All of us discussed how we did, and what we think we got. Before we knew it the TV turned on with the Capital seal.
The interviewer, Matthew Chrip popped up.
"Hello!" He cheered into the TV. "I'm here tonight to reveal the scores of our tributes from the Individual Assessment today! And I'm very excited. So let's start shall we.
From District 1 we have Justin Lakewood. Justin received a 10." Everyone cheered, congratulating Justin. I was a little disappointed. Justin is obviously going to score higher than everyone, so that means my score is a 10 or below.

"Emma Jansen from District 1 is next." Matthew continued. I was not expecting to hear the words that came out of his mouth next. "Emma received a 12." Matthew grinned at the camera. "Great job District 1! Moving on to District 2!"
Everyone cheered even louder. I was hugged and praised and more.

Time flew by, and soon all the scores were out. I was awed. I, Emma Janson, had the highest score.
Justin had a 10, Diamond had an 7, Sundai had an 8, Librit had a 9, and Edward had a 8. The other scores were lower than that.
The funny thing is, Justin didn't seem mad. He seemed happy that I got such a great score, which started to prove my him liking me theory even more.

I don't know what I got myself into, but all I know is as of now I'm happy I'm a Career. Because if I wasn't, I would be their first target. And I can't have that if I want to get home to my family.
It was that moment I realized that I had made the right choice, being a Career. I was willing to do anything to get home to my family.

Even if that means killing my ex-friends.

-----------------
Guess who's back from the dead!! I'M BACK! ME RACHEL!
I'm SOOO SOOO SOO SOOO SOO sorry I abandoned everyone for so long. Please put the pitchforks down, I have to few things I would like to say.
1) no I'm not dead! (Well not yet, don't anyone kill me!)
2) yes, I have just been lazy and not updated. I'm not going to make alms excuse (even tho I have been busy with school and a play I'm in)
And 3) yes I will try to update soon, but no promises.

I'm giving you all permission to Gibb's slap me, tho.
I truly am sorry for taking so long to update. I'll  try to be better.
In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this extra long chapter!
All my love.
Rachel out! XOXO