Chapter 9:

I stretched my arms and yawned, jumping out of bed.
I had a good nights sleep last night, and I was excited to go see my friends. Well that's until I remembered I'm no longer a team with my friends. At dinner last night we had decided to make an alliance. Us five girls until the end. But now, I had to tell them I was joining the careers.
How I was going to tell them without making mortal enemies? I don't know. I can't tell them the truth. It will just blow up in my face.
I sighed. Well if you really think about it, only one of us leaves. Even if they end up hating me, it's not like all of us will get out. I absolutely hate thinking that way but it's the truth. And anyways, I just might have a better chance of getting home if I do join the Careers.
No. I don't.
I'm just trying to convince myself that, because I know I will be joining the Careers no matter what. I let out an accidental sob.
"Emma? Emma you okay?" Katniss asked. I guess she had heard my sob.
I looked at her, let out another sob, and sat back down on my bed. "No."
Katniss walked over and say next to me. "What happened?"
I had tears lining my eyes, threatening to spill. "I'm a Career."
She looked at me, confusion on her face. "What do you mean you're a Career?"
"I mean. Justin payed me a visit last night." My eyes watered. "I don't have a choice or he'll kill them. He'll make me watch him kill them, Katniss. He'll kill them and then me."
"He'll kill who? Who will Justin kill?" Katniss asked, confused.
I sniffed. "My friends. He saw me shoot my bow at training yesterday, and he wants me with him. Justin told me if I didn't join the Careers, he'll kill my friends, making me watch. Then he'll kill me. He said he'll make it his personal mission to, but if I join him, then he won't hurt them unless it's just them left or they attack us. I didn't have a choice." I rubbed my eyes that were watering again.
Katniss sighed. "I want to comfort you and tell you everything that will be okay, but I can't. I can't lie. Threatening you is something that Justin can do, and not have consequences."
"Because he's a Career." I finished for her.
Katniss nodded. "Because he's a Career." She confirmed. "But. You need to choose what you think is the right choice." There was a moment of silence. "You do realize only one person is leaving the arena, right? You can join the careers, and keep them safe for a while, but in the end. Only one walks out. That isn't you and one of your friends. That isn't you and all of your friends. It's just you, hopefully. In that case, all of your friends will die. So even if you don't join the Careers, it really won't make a difference."
"Yes it will. He'll make sure to kill me." I stated.
"Well then. If you know your friends have to die, and you know Justin will only hunt you down if you join them, then I think you have your decision made already." Katniss took a deep breath. "Now get changed and meet us down for breakfast. Training is right after."
Without another word Katniss got up, and left.
I couldn't believe what I had heard.
Katniss just implied that I need to be a Career. That was not what I was expecting.

Katniss' POV

I mentally slapped myself one hundred times over. I just told Emma to be a Career. It's what Peeta and I thought would be for the best, after that night. We heard everything Justin said to Emma. Neither of them know we listened though. Peeta and my goal is to get Emma out alive. Her family needs her. Being with the Career's is honestly her best shot at getting back home, with the threat Justin gave her. And with this crazy twist coming up, which everyone, but the tributes are aware of, she's going to need a lot more protection than a group of young teenage girls. Especially against the Careers.
Now I just hope she doesn't do anything stupid, that gets her killed or worse, starts another rebellion. As Peeta said, if another rebellion starts, there is no one planning against the Capital as of now. Her life would end. No questions asked.

Emma's POV

I quickly got changed, and headed to breakfast.
"Good morning, Emma. Eat up. We have a big day!" Justin exclaimed, putting a plate full of food in front of me. I cocked an eyebrow at him, which he returned with a wink. Once again I turned away disgusted, but started to eat my breakfast. I took a bite of my pancake, and looked up at Katniss. She gave me a small smile which I returned. Honestly, I'm still in shock about what Katniss told me. She really does want me to join the Career's. She pretty much said it. Looking down at my meal I suddenly lost my appetite. I was sick to my stomach, knowing that the person I thought understood me, doesn't.
"Well. Come on eat, Emma. Your half the size of the rest of the Careers. Eat!" Justin commanded from the other side of the table.
Now that I'm a Career, he thinks he can rule me. That's how it seems at least.
Giving him a dirty look, I kept eating. Honestly, I don't want to find out what will happen if I don't do as I'm told. I shoved down my eggs, bacon, pancakes, and sausage. Trying not to chew for too long. I had no appetite, and if I savored the taste for to long, I would vomit.
"Good girl." Justin smirked.
I glared at him, and looked at Katniss, who was avoiding eye contact.
Over half of my food was gone, so I pushed the plate away. "I'm finished." Anger was clear in my voice. Before anyone could say anything, I got up, and ran out of the dining room, into my bedroom.
A tear fell down my check as I curled up in a little ball. Training was in a few minutes, and I couldn't face my friends. I couldn't tell them about me not being a part of their team anymore. I'm not going to tell them the truth. It will more then likely make them want to hunt the Careers, and that will end with them being killed.
"Emma. I'm coming in." Someone said from the door. Justin walked in, and smirked. "Come on, royal little sister. Let's get to training."
Royal little sister? No. He is not calling me his little sister. He's trying to aggravate me, and it's working.
I didn't bother saying anything, knowing it will just end in an argument, but instead I got out of bed and walked out the door. I don't know why Justin came to get me, when Katniss was supposed to. Maybe she knew I was mad at her, and didn't want to face me.
I sighed, and kept walking.

Finally I arrived at training.
"Emma! Emma! Over here!" Someone called. I looked over to see Izzy calling me.
I took a deep breath. I was going to have to lie to them. I can't tell them the truth. I won't.
I took a deep breath, and walked over, no expression on my face.
I looked at all of them. "Izzy, Ali, Lucille, Starla." I acknowledged. I mentally took a deep breath. "I changed my mind. If I want to get home I need to give myself the best chance I have, and that's not with you. I'm joining the Careers. I wish you the best of luck in the arena."
It was hard to read their expressions at first, but that changed quickly. Anger was clearly shown on each of their faces.
"How could you!" Ali spat.
"It was us five until the end!" Izzy added.
"I don't like someone who doesn't keep their word!" Starla exclaimed. If looks could kill I would be dead a hundred times over.
"It's for the be-" I started.
"No it's not for the best. You are a traitor. I don't care if you die now!" Lucille exclaimed. My eyes went wide. She talked. She actually talked. The others seemed just as shocked as I was.
"You- you talked." I stuttered.
"Yes I talked! Now get out of here! We don't want you on our team anyway. We don't want someone who will agree to be with us, then change their mind on our team." Lucille demanded.
I was completely shocked. Lucille was so sweet. Now she's well not.
I mean I guess I do deserve it. I'm a traitor. I was leaving them. They think I'm doing it because I want to, and I need to keep it like that.
"Good. I don't want you either. I want someone who gives me a chance to survive."
They all scoffed, and ran off.
I can't believe I just did that.
"Emma. Come on. We're waiting on you!" Justin called from the Career pack. I ran over, and smiled. It was fake of corse. I decided I needed to stop fighting Justin. This is going to happen, wether I like it or not. Katniss thinks I need to be here, so I guess I will. I can't be mad at her forever. She's just trying to give me my best chance, and I guess she's right.
No she's not. I'm not a Career. I won't ever be.
But yet...
"Hey Emma! Great job ditching them. It was priceless." Sundai interrupted my train of thought. "I saw it from here. Haven't laughed that hard in a while." Sundai finished, still giggling slightly.
I have my best fake laugh. "Oh yeah. Haha. I know. It was so pathetic. How they acted."
"It sure was." Edward added, smiling.
"Anyway. Now I think we all know each other, but still I'm going to do a introduction." Emma this is Diamond, Edward, Sundai, and Librit. Diamond, Edward, Sundai, Librit, this is Emma."
There was a chorus of 'hi's' and I waved. "Hello."
Justin looked at all of us, and grinned. "Now. Let's show these Gamemakers what us Careers can do."
-----------
Hey guys!! Quick A/N. I'm going to have a schedule for updating, that I'm going to try my best to stick too. I have a lot going on in my privet life, and I'm working on 4 books all at once. But here is the schedule as of now.

Sunday- catch up day
Monday-Herobrine's Daughter
Tuesday- Don't Tickle Me
Wednesday- The 150th Hunger Games
Tuesday- A New World
Friday- Catch up day.
Saturday- catch up day.