Chapter 6:

"No stop!" I begged to the beast that stood on top of me. One of the mutts designed by the Capital cIt couldn't very well hear or understand me. And even if it could there was still absolutely no way it would stop. It was the Quarter Quell twist anyway. I closed my eyes tight as the thing ripped me to shreds. Me screaming and crying for mercy. I knew I would die in the arena, but I didn't think it would be to a thing like this.
"Emma? Emma! Are you okay?" I felt someone shaking me awake. I opened my eyes and sat up. I was sweating heavily and panting.
"Are you okay?" The person repeated. I couldn't see who it was, my eyes don't adjust to darkness very well. They never have.
"Yes I'm okay." I said.
"Good. You were screaming and crying." The person said.
Now that I think about it, my throat is dry and sore, and my cheeks feel wet.
"Oh. I'm sorry if I woke you." I responded.
"Oh it's okay, dear." the person said.
"I'm sorry to ask this, but who am I talking to?" I asked.
The person chuckled. "It's Kathy."
"Oh Kathy." I said in realization. I had a few questions for her. "You're not from my district are you?" I asked, sitting up. That was the first major question I had.
She laughed. "No. Most of the other victors from your district are too old for this. Your district has not won in a few years. When I was in the Hunger Games, your district won almost every year. Now that every district is equally successful, that doesn't happen. They asked Peter and I to come and mentor, because the other victors are too old." She said.
That made sense. "This is kinda off topic, but if every District is successful, then why are District One, Two, and Four careers?"
She shrugged. "I don't know for sure. I guess that was just their name back before the rebellion and it stuck. With some of them training at an academy, they tend to be stronger. But everyone else is smart and can easily outsmart them. That's why sometimes they win, and sometimes they don't. The careers from One, Two, and Four focus on weapons, not smarts."
I nodded again. Now I get it! I studied Kathy.
"You remind me of someone." I said after that. Who though, was the question I was faced with, I wasn't going to ask that though.
Kathy laughed. "I get that a lot. But no one seems to know who." There seemed to be a bit of happiness toward the end of that sentence.
"Are you happy about that?" I asked. Why would I ask that!? I mentally slapped my head. Where's the idiot stick when you need it?
"Not necessarily." Kathy said, but I could tell she was lying. I let it go. Like I said earlier, I felt a strange comfort with Kathy. I wanted to tell her my plan. I needed help. I didn't know what I would do to make a difference, and I had a feeling she wouldn't tell.
"Co-could I tell you something?" I said sitting up in my bed.
"Of course." Kathy said smiling.
"You promise you won't tell?" I asked.
"I swear on Pee- I mean Peter." She said smiling, trying to cover up how she had just accidentally said something wrong.
I thought about what she started to say. Pee? Peet? I knew that starting name sounded familiar. I was drawing a blank on the name though.
I lowered my voice and leaned in, "You know how not too, too long ago there was a rebellion." I started.
"Yes?" She asked, with a hint of worry in her voice.
"I want to do something like that to." I took a deep breath, and looked around. "I want to start a rebellion. I want the capital to fall. I want President Wheeling dead. And most importantly, I don't want to have to see anyone else go through the Hunger Games again. This is not right for any human being to have to go through, and it needs to stop." I exclaimed, trying to keep my voice down.
Kathy didn't respond.
Should I not have told her? Should I have kept this to myself? What if she tells? The Capital would make sure I was killed in the arena, and that would ruin any chance, no matter how slim, I had of seeing my family ever again.
"Kathy?" I asked timidly.
"I- I don't know what to say." She stuttered. If you looked closely at her face from the moonlight, you could tell she had lost all color from her face. She was as pale as a ghost.
I had a gut feeling I made the wrong choice. I shouldn't have told her. I bet she is going to go tell the peacekeepers. I'm dead meat.
"It's not all it seems up to be." Kathy finally said in a low voice.
I was confused. How would she know? Although she was alive when Katniss started the rebellion.
"Well if they could start a rebellion, as in Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mel-" I stopped my self, as realization hit me.

Pee. Peet. Peeta.
Peeta..... Peter......... Peeta.
Katniss.... Kathy..... Katniss.

Dark hair in two braids.
Blond hair combed down.

Kathy... Katniss. Peter... Peeta.

I shook my head. They disappeared. It can't be them. It just can't. I looked up at Kathy one last time and realized it can.
"Your- your real name isn't Kathy." I stuttered.
"Y-your Katniss Everdeen. Peter is not Peter he's Peeta Melark. Your Katniss Everdeen, an-and he's Peeta Melark." I exclaimed, still stuttering.
It was hard to make out Kathy or Katniss' face, but I could still tell she had a mixed feeling of worry, anxiousness, disbelief, and a whole lot more. It was all showing, and that was when I could hardly make out the silhouette of her. Her feelings where out in the open, for anyone to see. She looked me strait in the eye and muttered one small word. Only enough sound for me to hear it, and me alone. One word that would change how I looked at her forever.
One small, small word.

"Yes."