𝟎𝟎𝟏: 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢 𝐬𝐞𝐞?

. *. ⋆🏫 HAPPY PLACE 🏫. *.
chapter one.

SUNSET VALLEY highschool. the biggest and most prestigious high school in the area. compact with different personalities, the school's energy and lifestyle was different each day. each day was a surprise, nothing repeating itself more than once.

except for ten students who repeatedly got themselves sent to detention.

it all started off with the first student out of the ten to be sent to detention, venus michaels. the raven haired girl was making her way onto the school grounds at a slow pace on a friday morning. she knew she was late, so there was no point in rushing to get into school, because nothing could change the fact that she was late.

it wasn't a shocker to anyone that the girl was late, it having become a reoccurring thing over the course of this semester, and she wasn't even sorry about it.

"miss michaels- you're late. the bell's just gone for first period." the voice of the school lacrosse coach, mr.mccall was heard, catching venus's attention. she gave the coach a smile, knowing full well that he wouldn't rat her out for being late, but he still had to 'give her a warning'.

"wait the bell's only just gone for first period?"

"that's what i just said yes."

"damnit- i was hoping i would be late for math." venus muttered, giving her head a shake before looking down at her phone. she heard a faint chuckle from the coach before her. "fuck sake."

"just take the scenic route to the math building- I'll pretend i didn't see you."

and with that, the coach walked away in the direction of the gymnasium, leaving venus at the entrance of the school grounds. letting out a chuckle, venus did exactly what coach told her to do.

she took the extra long, scenic route of the school grounds before heading to math.

she had been on the receiving end of texts from her best friend, elodie whitmore, who was waiting for her in math class. when it came to elodie, her and venus shared similar characteristics- they were both very stubborn and often liked to speak their mind.

whether that was to strangers or teachers, either way the girls were not afraid to speak their mind.

to which was the reasoning why, these two specific teenagers got sent into detention.

entering the building of the math block, the faint voice of mr.bennett, venus's math teacher, was heard as she advanced down the empty hallway. the feeling of tracing her fingers down the lockers to the right of her were heard by venus, it stopping as she eventually made it to the doorway of her math class-

where she was very much so interrupting the middle of mr. bennett's teaching of algebra.

"miss michaels." the look of distaste covered his face, bringing out the smugness to appear on venus's face to counteract his expression. he looked down at his watch before meeting her gaze. "-you're late. by fifteen minutes."

"my bad- i was late, i got lost." venus shrugged off his comment, walking herself towards the empty seat next to elodie, who was already giving venus a smug smile to match her own.