𝟎𝟎𝟒: 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐠𝐨

. *. ⋆🏫 HAPPY PLACE 🏫. *.
chapter four.

BESIDES THE multiple pairs of footsteps echoing throughout the school corridors, it was dead silent. with the group of ten students making their way through in pairs, venus was leading the group with a proud looking zach beside her.

"you're really excited for this aren't you?" she asked him, the look on his face already telling her the answer without any words needing to be said.

"i am even more now since ruby came up with the plan of using ping pong balls." zach turned around to look at the girl walking behind him- she gave him a thumbs up before bringing herself back into the conversation she was having with theodora about books.

"does zach have a crush?" venus teased, a scoff and a shove given by zach to her, making venus let out a laugh. with having been next door neighbours with corbyn, she got to know some of be boys he hung around with- that and venus had a good friendship with zach to begin with- hence the taunting and teasing.

"no venus- I've only spoke to the girl for the first time today." shrugging her shoulders at him, venus gave him a look almost saying 'sure whatever you say' - making zach roll his eyes in annoyance.

"speaking of crushes- how's you and corbyn?"

"what about him?" venus asked, wanting zach to elaborate on his question once they turned the corner- the ten members of the detention group continuing to make sense of their surroundings, making sure there was no chance of mr. bennett turning up and seeing them all out of the library.

"vee you had a full on blown argument with his girlfriend."

"she started it."

"yeah after you told her that her sucking game sucks." zach said, watching the smile grow on venus's face before a laugh as was heard quickly afterwards.

"i said what i said-" venus said with a shrug of her shoulders, making zach laugh alongside her. she changed the conversation away from her and corbyn, the two teenagers going over their ideas for the prank they were orchestrating.

further behind them, was mia and elodie- the two girls having decided to walk together, as for once elodie wanted to find out some gossip for herself. "so how long have you had this little crush on seavey over there for?"

"i don't understand why you're so intrigued?"

"oh I'm just doing an impression of you- being a nosey bitch." elodie said light-heartedly, even though the nosey part was true- and maybe the bitch part- but elodie knew mia only ever meant well.

"ouch." she said, shoving an elbow into elodie's side, a gasp heard before elodie returned the elbow to the hip.

"so tell me about this crush." elodie asked, mia looking at her before rolling her eyes. "if you don't i will go spread around that you like him."

"you wouldn't dare."

"try me." elodie said, giving mia a wink- making a roll of the eyes and a scoff being seen by mia. elodie watched as mia kept looking in between elodie and daniel, sighing once more.

"it's just a little crush- nothing more. okay? drop it." elodie nodded her head, knowing she will get more out of mia later on. she could tell mia was getting annoyed, but elodie was only doing what mia did- asking questions so she could find out the gossip.