𝟎𝟎𝟖: 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞

. *. ⋆🏫 HAPPY PLACE 🏫. *.
chapter eight.

"WE NEED to stop meeting like this corbyn- people will start to ask questions." venus commented, leaning against the bookshelf in the library. she saw the all-too familiar figure of corbyn standing at the entrance way. It was another sunday morning, and after her little showtime with the vice-principal- it was no surprise venus was back here so soon.

in fact she was expected to be here sooner, as detentions are often held amongst the weekdays too, not just the weekends. but no, instead mandy decided to give venus another weekend detention.

and it seemed everyone else too had the same punishment.

hence why the brunette boy before venus was looking at her directly in the eyes.

"oh come on vee- you love it."

"in your dreams dickhead."

"oh! how could you have possibly found out what i dream about?" corbyn gasped, clenching his hand across his chest. venus rolled her eyes, giving him a shove. she turned around, not giving her anymore of his attention, instead focusing herself onto the multiple rows of books displayed around her.

letting out a small laugh to herself, venus couldn't help but roll her eyes again as she processed corbyn's words once more. her hands gazed over the books on the shelf direct to her eye line when she felt a sense of warmth to the left of her.

"corbyn. fuck off." she heard, felt, him laugh against her neck, hazel straightening herself up. she stopped her hovering hand, clenching her fist before looking out the side of her eye.

"oh come on vee- you know you still love it when i do this."

before he could even begin to touch her waist, an elbow to the rib was presented to corbyn- earning a grunt. "you have a girlfriend- now fuck off." venus said, not wasting further time, stepping out of corbyn's presence.

"okay that was a little dickish of me i will admit."

"a little?" venus turned around. he held that stupid lazy smirk on his face, his eyes travelling up and down her body before meeting her eyes once more. she knew he was going to make another comment.

he didn't have time to even speak when he felt a book colliding with the side of his face. how he hadn't noticed the book colliding was crazy. it wasn't a full on slap across the face, but it was not on the gentle side either. it was in the middle, a perfect amount of pain to tell corbyn to wind his neck in. his mouth hung open, this time a smug looking venus made his eye. she turned around, about to head out of the book isle, when she looked over her shoulder.

"nice chatting to you besson." she said with a wink and smile, leaving corbyn alone.

walking out of the secluded isle, venus let out a sigh of relief when seeing her new found friends sat together at the table in the library. upon them all having gotten detention once more, none of them hesitated this time to sit together.

theodora met venus's gaze first, the brunette immediately giving venus a bright smile. "everything okay?" venus nodded her head, giving a similar smile back to teddy. after talking with elodie and venus that day they got detention, it wasn't much longer that ruby got herself back into detention. her reasoning was because she wanted to make clear to her teacher that she was not cheating.