Chapter 12

Beyonce's Pov
It has been a few months since Shawn and I called off the divorce. That little side chick Shawn had is jealous of me but who wouldn't be, I'm the queen. The thing is she has been sending threats to me. I didn't really care too much because I know she can't touch me. I think she noticed that I don't care because now she's sending threats to hurt my children. I haven't told Shawn yet because I want to handle this myself.I'm not too worried about Imani because I know damn well that woman ain't gon touch Imani without Imani putting up a fight. The people I'm worried about is my two babies; Blue and Kacey. Speaking of babies, congrats to me because I'm 3 months pregnant. I don't know if it a boy or a girl but I honestly don't wanna know what it is. I heard the door so I went to go answer it.

Imani's Pov
I was in my room in the middle of a conversation on the phone with my boyfriend, Jaden. Jaden and I met playing street ball. We have so much in common and I actually like him. Fingers crossed that he's the one.
Phone convo
Jaden:Hey, beautiful

Me: Hey, so you coming over today to meet my mom

Jaden: Yeah

Me: Jay, Baby, please be on your best behavior.

Jaden: I will

Me: OK, bye, see you when you get here

Jaden: Bye *kisses phone*

Me: *kisses back*

I then hung up. I looked up to see Whitney walk in. Whitney is my best friend. I like her because she is different. She's a lesbian but I don't care. I don't look at people's flaws and I don't judge them by their flaws either, because I know we all have them. My biggest fear though is for her to fall in love with me.

"I'll be right back," I said and left. I went downstairs and into the kitchen. I needed to tell my mom about Jaden. She doesn't know about Jaden that much because this is the first time she will finally meet him. I told him about him and she didn't mind too much. I picked this specific day because my dad is out on business and I feel more comfortable with my mom. Believe it or not Jay is really overprotective and I don't him scaring off Jaden.

"MOM," I yelled. "IN THE RECPRDING STUDIO," She yelled back and I went over to where she was. I walked in and saw her in the booth recording something. I sat down on the couch and waited until she was done. She noticed me and came out. "That was really good," I said, "Yeah, I know but I'm not gonna use it," she replied. "So, what did you need me for," she continued, "You know how I have a boyfriend," I said and she nodded, "Well he's coming here today to meet you," I continued. "OK, that's finewith me but answer this, why did you pick a day that your fathers not here," "Because I really like Jaden," I said and she laughed. I went back upstairs to my room to talk with Whitney. I was chilling with Whitney until my mom called me down.

I went downstairs and Whitney left. I saw Jaden and hugged him. We moved to the living room. Jaden shook hand with my mom before sitting down next to me. The conversation was awkward at first but as the conversation went on it turned out OK. It looks like my mom liked Jaden and was 100% on board with him dating me. I trusted in my gut and as always it didn't let me down. I'm glad Jaden made a good impression. We were in the middle of a good conversation when I heard Blue yell, "DADDY." I heard her little feet running towards the front door and I heard him smooch a loud smooch on her cheek. My mom looked at me and I muttered, "Shit," to myself.

My dad walked into the room. His smiled disappeared when he saw Jaden. "Dad, what are you doing home early," I asked. "I finished early. Now answer my question, what is going on here," "Uhh...," I stared and mom finished it, "She brought her boyfriend home to meet me." He pointed at me and said through gritted teeth, "My office. Now." I sucked my teeth and got up. "Suck your teeth again, I dare you," he said in a daring way and I didn't want to try him. I followed him to his office. I was scared. I walked in and he slammed the door behind me. Yup, he was mad.

He sat down on his desk and I stayed standing. "So, when were you gonna tell me about your boyfriend," he asked and I didn't answer. I didn't know how to tell him I was never gonna tell him about Jadens, so I stayed quiet. "Answer me," he said in a stern voice, "I never planned on telling you," "Why," "Because I know how you are," I replied, "And how am I," "Your so overprotective. I don't get why your like that when you know I'm tough," I replied. "Lil mama, just because your tough doesn't mean your not sensitive. I was young too and I know exactly what boys do. They break your heart. Your only 14 Imani. I don't want my little girl to go through that at a young age," he said, "I know dad but trust that I can handle myself," "Ok," he said and I we hugged.

While my head was on his chest he rubbed my back and said, "Baby, go get your little boyfriend. I wanna talk to him, man to man." "Can I be in here too," I asked, "No," he replied. "Ugh. Your just gonna go at him," I said, "So, if he can't handle me then him most definitely not gonna be able to handle you. Plus I don't want no punk ass nigga with you," he replied. I pulled away and sucked my teeth again. "Imani, stop testing me cause next time I'm not gonna warn you I'm just gonna pop you in the mouth.

I walked out the rooms and went back into the living room. I hugged Jaden because knowing Jay this may be the last hug I get to have with him. "Jaden my dad wants to see you in his office," I said and hugged him one last time. "I'm gonna miss you," I said and patted his back. He looked at me with a confused face, "What's that supposed to mean," "That means my dads gonna scare you away," I said, "Don't worry Bae, I'm a man I could deal with him," he replied getting up and walking towards the office. "Talk about how you care about you education. He'll love that," I said and he nodded before entering the office. He closed the door and I pressed my ear against the door.

"Imani, stop overreacting," Bey said. I sighed and walked away. I walked over to the dance studio and prayed. My mom walked in and we went over some of her dance routines. Thank god dancing always clears my mind.