Chapter 22

Kacey's POV

I ran to my room and slammed the door behind me. I ran to my bed and cryed into my pillow.

"Go away," I said when I heard a knock on the door. She ignored me and still entered the room.

I sat up and she sat on the bed next to me. I laid my head on her lap and sucked my thumb.

"Baby, I am so sorry that I forgot your birthday. I just had to deal with some stuff with Imani," she said "What stuff," I asked.

She took a deep breath and answered. "You know Imani's new friend Sky," she asked and I nodded, "Well she needs help and I'm trying to help her," she said.

"Oh. How does she need help," I asked.

She took a deep breath again and said, "Sky was put into a really bad foster home and ran away last night."

"Oh. Are you gonna adopt her," I asked, "I honestly don't know," she said and kissed me on my forehead.

It got silent for a moment until I broke the silence.

"What are we gonna do for my birthday," "Whatever you want to do," she said.

"I want to go to Disney World today," I said. "Baby. That's all the way down in Florida," she said as if I cared.

"Then let's go to Florida," I said, "It's not that simple," "Yes it is. You act like you don't have a private jet," I said and she laughed.

"Why don't we go to Six flags," she suggested. "Their are no princesses at six flags," I complained. "But there is a water park at six flags and I know you love water parks," she said.

"Have you ever heard of SeaWorld," I asked sarcastically and she laughed.

"Fine you win," she said and I smiled. "Yay. We're going to Disney World," I said as I got off of her lap and started to pack.

"Why are you packing. We're only going there for a day," she said.

"Can we pwease stay overnight," I said in a baby voice and pouted with the puppy dog face.

"Fine," she said when she gave in. "Yay," I cheered and she smiled. She kissed me on the forehead again and left.

As soon as she left, I started to pack again.