Chapter 17

Imani's POV

I woke up the next morning to two people talking. I opened my eyes to see my social worker and Beyonce talking.

"As of today, you will no longer have custody of Kacey and Imani Johnson," my social worker said, "Carter and why," "Because you lost Kacey and look where we are now, Mrs. Carter. We're in a hospital. Obviously your too busy to take care them," she said.

"You can't just take them away from me like. They aren't just foster children living in my house. They are my children. I legally adopted them," "Well according to this paper they are now officially foster children again," she said and left.

Before she left she turned around and said, "I'll be back tomorrow afternoon to pick her up."

Beyonce turned around and I pretended to be asleep. "I know your awake. You ain't slick," I heard her say and I opened my eyes to see Beyonce looking over me.

"Lets go. The doctor said you can leave," she said and I got up. I grabbed my stuff which was basically my phone and walked over to Beyonce's car.

The car ride was silent. 5 minutes into the ride I got a text message from my boo Jaden

Text convo

Jaden: Hey

Me: Hey

Jaden: Are u out of the hospital

Me: Yea. I just left

Jaden: You wanna go to the movies tonight at 7

Me: Sure

Jaden: OK, meet me at the gym at 6

Me: OK

I said and the convo finished. "Who was you just texting," Beyonce asked,

"No one. Why you gotta be so nosey," I said, "Who you think you talking to," "Umm.... Myself," I said and she laughed, "You better be talking to yourself because I know damn well you wasn't talking to me," she said as she laughed.

She pulled up in the driveway and I got out of the car. I went upstairs to my room and looked at the time. It was 10:00 am.

I was hungry so I went back downstairs and made myself cereal. After my small breakfast, I went into the living room to watch music on demand. When I got tired of dancing. I just turned off the TV and was about to go to sleep but Beyonce walked into the room.

"Do you wanna go shopping," she asked as she walked in. "Sure," I replied as I sat up. I got up and went upstairs to change into jeans, a Nike T- shirt, and Jordans. I straighted my hair and I went outside.

I got into the backseat of Beyonce's Mercedes Benz and waited 4 minutes for her to come.

She drove to the mall where we shopped at Topshop, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Foot Locker.

"I'm hungry," I whined as we passed the food court. I hope she got the message. "OK but we have to take it to go because I have to meet up with my manager after this," "OK, " I said and we entered the food court. Thank god there was barely anyone there.

We got our food and left the mall. On our way to the car we were attacked by the paparazzi.

They were shooting questions but me and Beyonce ignored them. We were almost to the car when one of the paparazzi bumped into me causing me t o drop the food on the floor.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU," I yelled as a pushed him. I was about to hit him but Beyonce pulled me back. She dragged me to the car.

"What the fuck is wrong you, Imani," she said raising her voice a little when we got into the car. I stayed silent. She started the car an we left to go to the studio. The entire car ride was silent.