Chapter 20

Imani's POV
Beyonce left the dressing room and made her way to the stage.

Before she got on stage she prayed with her team.

After the prayer she went on stage while I watched her from backstage

The show started and as always Beyonce killed the opening

Soon this girl who looked about the same age as me came and stood next to me watching the show.

"Umm...," I started which got her attention.

"No one is allowed back her," I said, "Well I'm allowed because this is my last day alive," she said and I soon remembered that the Make-A-Wish foundation was granting this girls wish which is to meet Beyonce before she died tomorrow.

"Oh, so your the girl the Make-A-Wish foundation is granting a wish for," I asked and she nodded.

We both went back to watching the show. It started to feel awkward so I decided to start a conversation with her.

"So what's your story," I asked, "What," "What's your cancer story,"I repeated,

"Oh. I have Stage IV Medullary Thyroid Cancer. I've had it for 5 years now and its gotten worse over the years. The cancer spread To my lungs. The doctor said I'm gonna die tomorrow. I don't really care if I die though because I know that everyone is gonna die at one point its just my time is early. I'm not glad about it, I just don't care," she said and continued to watch the show.

I kinda felt bad for her. "What percent chance do you have to survive," "20%," she said, "Well tomorrow. If the doctor is wrong and you do survive, Do me a favor and give me a call," I said giving her my phone number.

She took the little paper with my phone number on it and stuffed it in her bra. We both continued to watch the show. This time it wasn't awkward. We talked and we became really good friends.
Sky's POV
After enjoying the really awesome show and meeting Beyonce, I went home, to my very depressing foster home.

My life sucks by the way. My parents never wanted me because of my sickness. When I was diagnosed with it, instead of being nice supportive parents, they drop me off at an orphanage the next day.

It sucks knowing your parents abandoned you for being sick. I used to have the perfect life, but now I'm an orphan with cancer and is gonna die tomorrow.

I went to my room and went straight to sleep. I was extremely tired. I was a little scared about when and how I'm gonna die but I managed to go to sleep.

I woke up the next morning feeling healthier than I usually do. I thought I was dead and was in heaven until I heard one of my foster sisters arguing with one of my other foster sisters.

I was alive. I didn't die. I was so confident in myself that I thought I could breath without my tube but as soon as I took it off, I couldn't breathe.

I grabbed my phone and called Imani.
Phone convo
Me: Hello
Imani: Hello. Who is this
Me: Sky
Imani: Oh. Hi Sky
Me: You don't notice anything
Imani: No...*Gasp* Your still alive
Me: Yes I am
Imani: I told you
Me: Yes you did. Hey, do you wanna meet up somewhere
Imani: Yeah sure. How about your place
Me: Umm...
Imani: What. You don't want me to come to your house
Me: I live in a foster home
Imani: Oh. OK you can come over to my house
Me: Sure. Send me the address
Imani: OK. See you later. Bye
Me: Bye