Part 1

Flashback

"When I grow up, I wanna be a pro hero!!"

"Then be a pro hero sweetie. You're already my little pro hero, but I'd be very proud to see you become someone else's one day. Always do what makes YOU happy, ok?"

*Smiles* "Got it!" *Nods with determination* "I'll do whatever it takes!"

*Chuckles* "And I'll be supporting you every step of the way"

Y/n Pov

I never forgot those very words my Aunt said to me that day. I've wanted to become a pro hero ever since I was little. I've worked so hard to get here, and now i've finally gotten to the point in my life i've always dreamed of.

"Hi. As you all know, my name is Powerpause. Whenever I touch someone and say the word "pause" they are stuck still like a statue and can't move for around 10 seconds. 10 seconds may not sound very long in most cases, but when fighting in combat, it's more than enough time. I can hit the person stuck under my quirk back while they're defenseless, I can have one less villian to fight for a few seconds while I get a head start at fighting the other ones, I can do a variety of things. And if I want to unpause someone before the 10 seconds run out then I just have to touch them again and say "unpause". But my good friend Aizawa has invited me here today to tell you all about my story. To start off, I was abused as a kid. My parents did a good job at first hiding it from everyone for the first 9 years of my life until my aunt found out one day and took me into her custody. For so long, I constantly had to live with being told that I was nothing and could never be anything in life from my abusive parents. When I started a new life and finally safely escaped from them however, I finally had the chance to be in a space where I was not only free to follow my dreams, but supported for chasing them. Now i'm a pro hero, speaking to you today to remind you that no matter what anyone tells you you can't do, says who you can't be, as my Aunt would say, remember to "always do what makes YOU happy."

Deku Pov

As Powerpause gave her speech to the class, I just KNEW I had to write about her in my notebook. I mean, she's such an amazing hero, she's pretty much deserved her own page in there for a while! Everyone of course has already heard of her before as one of the most well-known female pro heroes but I still didn't know that much about her until now. Kacchan was in a bad mood today and meaner to me than usual, but her speech really motivated me to keep going no matter what he says to me. (BESIDES THE ULTIMATE HERO ALL MIGHT OF COURSE!! NO ONE CAN GET BETTER THAN HIM)

Shoto Pov

I tried to hide my shock when she first said she was abused. I don't understand how she could just tell a whole class of people something like that... Being abused is something so personal to me, it's something I rarely tell anyone.

Aizawa: "Ok class, I wanted to let you guys know that she will also be your substitute on the few days that I may end up not being able to teach class this year. On days that she is your teacher, you will call her Ms.L/n."

When I heard Aizawa announce that to the class, I strangely looked forward to her substituting at some point.

I mean, when she's around, am I not gonna feel alone anymore when it comes to what i've gone through?

Am I not gonna feel like the only company I have to understand the trauma and true pain of abuse i've faced in my life in my class is myself?

For some reason... I trust her. I don't know why,

But I do.

I think... i'm gonna talk to her after class.

______