Part 3

Here he came re-entering your house every day,

and you leaving your window open for him again too. You were always expecting him now, and he was always expecting to see you.

Once the afternoon hit, you walked over to your window to open it. You could've sworn it wasn't intentional at first...

Right after he visited for the first time, you opened your window again to get... some fresh air... you definitely didn't have time to open your window just to hope that someone disgusting as him would come back...

But then, you opened your window again the next day... and the day after...

You told yourself it was because you were addicted to the nice sounds of the city outside, but you knew the real truth was because you were addicted to the person who came inside your apartment from it.

Dang...what kinda pro hero am I? You thought to yourself as you looked out your window after opening it again. You felt bad about liking Dabi, felt like you didn't even deserve to be a hero anymore. You knew Dabi wasn't the comfort type, but you still knew he could figure out a way to cheer you up. As you looked out your window, you hoped that somewhere, any second now, he'd pop up, ready to climb through it again.

A pair of bright blue eyes slowly appeared in front of you, looking closely into yours, and widened, full of mischief. "What's gotcha down, weirdo?" he asked you.

"Right when I needed you..." you whisper a bit in awe, and he looks away to the ground as a hint of blush shows across his face and he uncomfortably touches his stomach a little again.

She...needed-me...? He thought.

Need,

funny word.

The word that no one's ever even thought to use towards me since the very beginning of my existence, really...

That fact made me hate that word.

But... when she says it...

And actually to me,

Maybe it doesn't sound THAT-bad anymore...

You moved from the window to let him in, and tell him a bit what's on your mind. "Lately i've been feeling horrible, like I don't deserve to be a hero anymore. Am I... a bad person...?"

"HAHAHAHAH, awwww look at you, hang out with a villain a couple times and suddenly you think you're the bad guy too huh? I KILL, I BURN, I INFLICT SEVERE PAIN ON OTHERS...and you call yourself a horrible person, just because you continuously let such a damaged person in your house again and again...

making him finally feel like he might actually have something good to live for...?

After he said that, you felt like you were floating.

You didn't even know what to say...

How'd you get, even such a cold-hearted person with otherwise not a care for anyone else in the world,

to like you...?

...Maybe you weren't so bad...

You also didn't realize how happy it would make you to know you made him happy.

In response, you just stood there frozen stiff and nodding your head, trying to hold back a huge smile on your face,

you knew he'd cheer you up.