Substituting Class 1A/Sorta Spa Day

Ever since you and Shoto first got close, you gave him your address to come visit from time to time, have tea, reflect on your past trauma that you both bonded over and laugh together like you always did.

"I'm so sorry that happened to him, it must've been so hard for the both of you to be separated like that and for so long. Of course siblings will have their moments, but I think the both of us have learned how important it is to value them while they're around you, and...alive.

...I... used to have a brother named Toya.

He was the oldest of all my siblings, and was highly depended on to surpass All Might. But when Toya still couldn't use his quirk as well as my dad had wanted and I was born, he gave up on him and decided to restlessly train me instead. My brother kept trying to get himself to prove to Endeavor that he was still worthy of surpassing All Might one day, but he wouldn't listen him.

And one day, when he tried to prove himself to my dad again, it ended up being his last time.

He...accidentally killed himself...burned himself, only a small piece left of him for us to find because my dad was so stupid.

Stupid enough not to listen to his child and give him another chance. Stupid enough to cause my whole family pain and kill his own son, kill my friend,

Kill my brother.

I wish I could've been there for him, helped him through everything and kept that from happening. But my dad kept me too busy with training, and I was too young to truly understand what was going on to attempt to control more of the situation.

Back then, for me, I'd just see him playing with all my siblings like he usually would,

until the day came when I never did again...

My dad didn't even tell me Toya died for a long time, not until he wasn't in denial about his death anymore.

It felt like I was beginning to watch my family fade away...

I mean first, he ruins my mom and puts her in a mental hospital! Then, he breaks my brother who just wanted to be depended on and finally wanted by him again,

leading him straight to his death."

He started gripping his teacup so hard his knuckles went white.

"And that's one of the many reasons, I still can't help but have a little hatred in my heart for my father..."

There you sat in your kitchen, looking at Shoto with pure anger and sadness written all over his face, shown deep within his eyes.

Your mouth hung open in disbelief before you suddenly began to cry a little.

His face fell.

"No, I never meant to make you cry...i-i'm so sorry I never would have told you about him if i knew it would make you upset, did I trigger something for you that you never told me about? Y/n if i did that i'm so sorry i truly didn't know- "

"Shoto...! I-i'm alright, you didn't trigger anything for me in my past that would make me cry, I would have told you about that by now. I think it's pretty clear now how much we tell each other, we're both like family members to each other ourselves, and just to know that something like that happened to you...

It truly breaks me.

And it angers me to know that there was a time when I thought i'd been through worse than anyone else before. Back then I never fully realized how selfish I was to this extent until now.