Chapter 1

"Good job, girls. That was a great practice. Don't forget the meet this weekend!" Coach said loudly, we were all only a feet away from him but he liked shouting. I sat down on the ground, and panted. Coach would make us work extra hard before meets and instead of doing eight laps, we would do twelve. But I still came first in every competition and every practice, because I was 'the best he ever had' as Coach would tell me.

"Get up, lazy" my team mate and good friend Lacy said, holding out a hand to help me up. I smiled at her and took her hand. As we walked to the locker room, I heard the rest of the team talking about the new freshmen, it didn't interest me so I just tuned them out and looked around.

The sun was very bright and so I had to squint my eyes whilst looking. The grass on the football field was mowed perfectly so it looked like a green rug. I looked to my left and saw the set of bleachers completely empty except for some equipment and our coach. I then looked to the right and saw a girl I've never seen before sitting in the fourth row, reading a book with her headphones on.

The girl was beautiful from what I could see. She had long brown hair that fell so perfectly. She was wearing all black and I kind of liked that, I thought it was mysterious or something. I stared at the girl while walking and nearly tripped over my own feet.

"Dude!" Lacy yelled at me, I shook out of my stare and turned to her. "Sorry" I said quietly, and jogged the rest of the distance to the locker room.

I finally got to the distant locker room and went to take a shower. As I was washing my hair, I remembered the girl. What is so special about that girl? I asked myself. I didn't have an answer, but one thing I knew for sure: I have to at least get her name.

After putting on my normal clothes, a Halsey T-shirt and a pair of skinny jeans, I threw my backpack on my shoulder and walked to the student parking lot. I got to my car, a 2013 small, red Nissan, hopped into the drivers seat and headed home.

I left the school ground and turned on the radio because it felt too quiet, 'Fairly Local' came on by twenty one pilots so I sang along.

I'm in a band called Love, Robot, we are four people, I'm the only girl and I'm also the lead singer. My good friend, Dane is in the band, too. We are friends since kindergarten so it's really cool to share something I really like with him.

Buzzzz buzzzz
My phone vibrated in my bag, I pulled over so I won't get caught by the cops and answered it.

"Hey Lex" it was Dane.
"Heya", I said. "Remember we have a show tonight at The Maple Bar, right?" He asked me. Shit, I thought. I totally forgot.
"Yes I remember" I lied, "I just forgot what time it is"
"8pm sharp, but you should come at seven so we can do a sound check and stuff. Don't bail on us dude, we're counting on 'ya" Dane hung up the moment he finished his sentence.

I sunk into my seat and sighed, I didn't really want to perform, I was very tired. But at the same time, I love the adrenaline and power the shows give me. I love the parties with the guys, the meet ups with fans, the crowds, I just liked the energy and the vibes.

After a moment , I restarted the engine and continued my way home. Throughout the whole drive I still thought about the girl I saw on the bleacher. I know it's stupid, I know it's pathetic, and idiotic, and what not, but I just literally couldn't get her out of my mind no matter what I did.

I arrived home and saw my mothers Honda, Pilot parked in the driveway. She's home! I said to myself excitedly, Mom was barely home. She worked a lot and flew all over the country to meet up with business men and women. I opened the front door eagerly and ran into my mothers arms.

"Linda! Mi amor!" My mom shouted, "Mom I missed you so much" I said and hugged her tightly.
"I made food, go eat" she stated and I jogged into the kitchen and saw my older sister, Sam sitting at the table. Sam was in college and she would only come to visit us on Christmas. I gasped in surprise. Sam got up and hugged me tightly, and I hugged her back.

I chatted with Mom and Sam for a while and went up to my room to get ready for the show that was happening in two hours. I changed clothes, took my guitar and drove to Dane's place to meet up with the rest of the boys so we can go over the set list one last time.
-------------------------------------
a/n: thanks for reading. I hope you like it.
Vote, comment what you think. Again, thanks. I'll keep updating at least once or maybe even twice a week, we'll see.