Chapter 3

"H-hi" I said shyly, sitting up on the couch and leaving space for Her to sit. I motioned her to come sit down beside me and she did.

"So I came in to get a cup of coffee and I heard you guys playing and I was like 'hey they're good' so I stayed. Oh and FYI I totally caught you checking me out the whole time. And earlier today when I sat at the bleachers. But whatever, I don't mind." She started talking and her voice was like music to my ears. I sat in silence and waited for her to introduce herself. "Oh, sorry. I'm Lyndsey, but call me Lynn." She reached out her arm for me to shake and smiled at me. I shook her hand politely and grinned, Lynn's hand was so soft. Lynn, I thought to myself, I got her name!

The thought of her made me blush. "Someone's blushing" Lynn laughed. I giggled and realized I didn't even introduce myself yet. "Oh, my god. I'm Alexa, sorry." I said embarrassed. Lynn giggled and I felt my heart flutter. She looked me straight in the eyes. Her eyes were a dark tone of green. Her hair was long and beautiful, she let it fall naturally to her side, her eyebrow was partly shaved and so was her hair. She was wearing some makeup but it looked pretty natural. She wore a black oversized hoodie and some black leggings. She's so pretty. I said in my mind.

"I know who you are, Alexa. You're kind of famous" she said jokingly. "A bunch of girls screamed your name throughout the whole show, I don't get how they didn't lose their voice" she continued. I smiled a small, shy smile and looked at the floor. It was silent for a bit until Lynn's phone sang. She looked at her phone and said she can answer it later. Her ringtone was 'Everybody Breaks A Glass' by Lights, one of my all time favorite songs. But something was different in this version of the song, first it was a different voice and second it was an acoustic version of it. "Is that you?" I asked Lynn. She gave me a confused look and then understood what I meant. "Oh, yea. I covered the song. I was in a band with a bunch of my friends back in my hometown 'till a while back. We started recording our debut EP when our bassist, one of my best friends, decided to quit coz his girlfriend was jealous that 'the chick' in the band will steal her boyfriend. Well that girl knows nothing about her lover because, a. This chick doesn't like guys, just gals and b. Her boyfriend is like a brother to me-" Lynn looked at me and noticed I was really quiet. "I'm sorry," she said "I tend to talk a lot sometimes. Bad habit" she laughed nervously and it fell silent again.

"Do you wanna maybe get out of here?" She asked me. My head shot up in surprise, "Yea, yea that would be awesome" I replied a little too fast. She laughed at me and got up. "I'm just going to get my stuff, I'll be right back"

What just happened here? I asked myself.
I sunk into the couch and ran a hand through my hair and chuckled in disbelief. Shit I remembered the acoustic set I had to play later. I stood up and ran backstage to look for the guys to tell them to cancel it. I finally found Dane hanging out with a bunch of friends. "Dane, dude we have to cancel the acoustic set. I have to go" I said anxiously, he looked at me with disappointment in his eyes but he just nodded and said 'okay, I'll tell the boys'. I thanked him and apologized about five times and jogged and picked up my stuff from backstage.

I met Lynn at the door and we headed out. "I just gotta put my stuff in the car, one sec" I said as I struggled with my guitar. I finally managed to fit the case in the baggage and locked the car. "Where do you want to go?" I asked, "I have an idea.. We'll probably need the car though, it's a little far" she smirked at me and snatched the car keys out of my hand. I stood there motionless in my place and a few seconds later heard a honk coming from the car. I turned around and saw Lynn waiting eagerly in the drivers seat of my car. I opened the door and entered the passenger seat next to her.

"Give me some music" she screamed excitedly. I chuckled slightly and plugged in my phone into the AUX cable while buckling my seat belt. I put on some Halsey and sang along to the chorus of 'ghost'. Lynn started the car and cheered as we drove into the night. "You're a freshman, right?" She asked me. I was a little shocked from the question and Lynn's balls, honestly she had guts. I was 5"3 so everyone called me short or 'below average' and some adults would always think I'm younger than I actually am, but I was a sophomore. "No, I'm actually a sophomore" I said loudly, trying to speak louder to overcome the sound of the music blasting in the background. "Oh really?" Lynn yelled back at me. "Well I'm a freshman, came here from The Big Apple in the summer but my mom said I can just start school a week later" I looked at Lynn and saw her fingers tapping on the steering wheel to the beat of the music, her nose twitched and I felt my heart melting. I shook out of my daze and asked with a demanding tone in my voice "Where the hell are you taking me, anyway?" "Somewhere special, I promise you you've never been there before. I had a lot of spare time to explore the area and let's just say I went pretty far." She smirked slightly and looked at me shortly. She giggled. "What?" I asked, "Dude, you're hot" she said and smiled goofily making me blush.

For the rest of the ride, I just stared out the car window with the music playing loudly. After about 15 minutes, Lynn finally came to a stop. "Here it is" she said. "Where are we?" I asked her as I opened the car door and looked around in awe. It was so beautiful here, I think we were on a cliff. You could see the whole town from up here, the lights looked like small flashlights pointed at us. The wind blew hard making me shiver slightly. I put on my leather jacket and hugged myself.

"I call it The Cliff, been coming here a ton to make music and draw or just chill and read" she said staring into the distance with a smile stuck on her face that went from ear to ear. I couldn't help but smile, too, Lynn was so beautiful in the wind. Her hair going all over the place, and her oversized hoodie keeping her warm.
She turned to me and asked "Do you have a blanket or towel or something?" I nodded and pointed to the backseat.

Lynn took out the two blankets I kept in my backseat and my acoustic guitar and sat on the front of my car. She motioned me to join her, so I did. She threw me a blanket and I wrapped up in it. I watched as she lay back and gazed at the starry sky. "Lay back, I know a few consolations that I can teach you" she suggested and I did as she told me. Lynn pointed out groups of stars in the sky and explained with lots of detail about each and every one of them. I didn't care about the stars, they seemed like nothing compared to the sparkle of happiness in her eyes.

I understood why Lynn wanted the blankets, but why did she take out Fred?

Yes, I called my guitar Fred because I got it from my uncle, Fred, at the age of 10. It was my first guitar. I would take it with me everywhere around the world, Fred had stickers from every country and state I've ever went to and a bunch of signatures from famous band members I like like Andy Biersack and Vic Fuentes.

"Why did you need Fred?" I asked without thinking about what just came out of my mouth. I covered my mouth with my hands and blushed insanely, I heard Lynn laugh so hard and then after she finally calmed down, she answered my embarrassing question. "Well, I wanted Fred, because I was planning on making a bonfire and singing songs. We can stay the night, I did it a bunch of times already" she said, trying to convince me but I was already convinced from the first sentence that left her mouth.

We gathered some wood and I took out a lighter I found lying around in the car. We made the bonfire and spread one of the blankets out on the ground so we can lie on and the other one we used as we sat close together leaning towards the fire, and trying to get warm with each others body heat.

"I have the perfect song to play" Lynn stated, half skin thing half smiling. She picked Fred up gently and started playing him. Her fingers long and strong. Her dark blue nail polish was all ruined but her finger nails still looked perfect.

Lynn opened her mouth and sang a song I've never heard before that I guessed was an original by her. When she sang, it was as if the whole world fell silent, even the crickets stopped making those annoying little noises. The only sounds were the wind blowing on the leaves of the trees and a couple owls in the distance.

...Transparent hands
Were at my neck, at my neck, at my
Ooh but I love the way
You let me breathe instead, breathe instead

Take in your chemicals
(that make me cling to you, cling to you)
You are a miracle
(I gotta stay with you, stay with you)
And I'm not spiritual
(but please stay)
'Cause you're a glimpse of bliss
A little taste of heaven

I said ooh, ooohh
You give me something to talk about
Something to talk about
I said ooh, ooohh
You give me something to think about
That's not the shit in my head

You're a miracle
You're a miracle
A miracle

It was getting very late and I kept yawning every second. Lynn looked at me and giggled "Let's get some rest" she said, I nodded in agreement and lied down on the warm blanket with Lynn hugging me tightly and I felt safe and sound in her arms, I closed my eyes and smiled to myself. "Goodnight Lex" she said like we were friends forever, "Night," I replied, yawning. I was already half asleep when Lynn announced she had one more thing to show me. My eyes shot open and she kissed me, she kissed my lips softly and I kissed her back and smiled. The kiss took me by complete surprise but it just felt so right, so real.

It isn't possible that I'm falling for her on the first night I meet her, is it?