Chapter 9

The guys left and so did Lynn. I lay in bed smiling. "What's up with you?" my dad said, "Dad! Hey" I say, he sat down on my bed beside me and hugged me. "Get some sleep. Sleep beats sickness." He told me and kissed my head like he used to when I had nightmares when I was young. I smiled to myself, turned to my side and fell asleep.

I woke up feeling better but I had a fever so my mom told me to stay home. I ate some cereal and went upstairs to go back to bed. I took a nap for a bit and started working on a science project that was due a week from then. Lynn came over after school. We cuddled and watched Netflix for a while and then decided to go to the garage to jam out a bit. 

 "I heard that you've been self-medicating 

In the quiet of your room

Your sweet suburban tomb

And if you need a friend 

I'll help you stich up your wounds

I heard that you've been having trouble finding

Your place in this world

I know how much that hurts

But if you need a friend

Then please just say the word

You've come this far, you're all cleaned up

You've made a mess again,

There's no more trying, time to sort yourself out

Hold on tight 

This ride is a wild one

Make no mistake, the day will come

When you can't cover up what you've done

Now don't lose your flight kid,

It only takes a little push to pull on through,

With so much left to do

You'll be missing out and we'll be missing you" We sang at the top of our lungs and played the guitar. Later on, I took my meds and we ate some pizza. The house phone rang and it was Lynn's mom telling her to come home. "Okay, Mom" she said, Lynn pouted, kissed me goodbye and left. I finished my food and went back to working on my project. After a while, I got really bored and decided to take a power nap. I changed into my pajama and hopped into bed. I slept for around 20 minutes when the sound of my ring-tone woke me.

I checked to see the caller ID, it was a blocked number. "Hello?" I say into the phone. "Alexa, Alexa honey-" Lynn's father was on the other end of the line. A loud sob was heard, it sounded almost like a crying whale. "M-Mr. Gunnulfsen, what is it? Who's crying?" I asked nervously. A terrible thought came to my mind, I tried pushing it away but it was just stuck there. "Mr. Gunnulfsen, is that Lynn? Is she crying? Is Mrs. Gunnnulfsen okay? Is she hurt?" I started rambling and my body started to tremble. Lynn's father started to sob. "No. Alexa. It-I-It's Lynn" he said ever so silently. I sat up with and fell from my bed. I groaned as a sharp pain went through my spine. I ignored it and picked up the phone that fell to the other end of the room. "Mr. Gunnulfsen what happened to Lynn?" I stuttered, there was silence on the other end. 

"She got into an accident. She is currently in the hospital in grave condition..." I tuned him out completely as I fell to the floor with a loud thud while tears fell down and hit the cold wooden floor. 

I lay there on the floor, hugging my knees to my chest for a moment until I got myself together. I changed clothes and rushed out the house. I called Lynn's dad so he could tell me what hospital she is in. I entered the car and slammed the door behind me. Tears filled my eyes again, I bit my lip and exhaled sharply. I started the engine with my still trembling hands and drove to the hospital.