Chapter 2

Dane looked at the watch on his wrist and then back up at us. "We should go, it's almost 7 o'clock" he said, we hadn't had a gig in a while now so we were all pretty nervous. "Let's do this!" Ant yelled and we all screamed and had a 'group hug'.

I sat down in the drivers seat and Ant hopped into the passenger seat beside me. He drummed on the airbag and said joyfully, "let's go". I looked at him, chuckled and started the engine.

We arrived at the café and parked across the street. I walked out of the car and opened the baggage door, taking out my guitar and my black leather jacket. Ant's drums were already inside, ready for him so he was just leaning on the side of the car, waiting for me. We walked in and reunited with the other guys, the manager welcomed us and we showed him the set list. "That's great guys, that's great. We have at least 60 people coming for sure. And I was wondering if you could do an acoustic session at 10pm, just a few songs. Nothing big, I just want to close the place with a good vibe. I looked at the boys and saw them all nodding their heads in agreement so I grinned and agreed as well.

I was warming up backstage and practicing some songs when I heard the bell of the café door ring. My hands started sweating and I freaked out. I set my guitar down in its case and walked fast to a corner backstage, I sat there crumpled in the dark corner with tears in my eyes.

"Alexa!" I heard Dane look for me, I was able to let out a muffled 'here' and Dane immediately found me. He kneeled in front of me and asked what's wrong.

The reason we stopped playing gigs was my panic attacks, I would get so anxious and nervous when I heard the people coming in that I would not be able to move for at least half an hour sometimes. Dane was the only one who knew about it but I think he thought it went away.

Dane looked at me with a warm, understanding look in his eyes and hugged me tight. "You're gonna kick ass, Lex. Let's go, the show is starting in about fifteen minutes." He pulled away and picked me up. I giggled and walked to where the guys were, a little calmer.

The time has come, it was time for us to get out there. I heard people whispering, the coffee machines shreaking and the waiters and waitresses taking some orders. I popped my head out a bit to see what I'm up against, the room was filled with around eighty people in my poor estimation. I took a deep breath, went backstage again and picked up my guitar.

"Okay guys, are you ready?" I asked, taking the role of the leader. "The guys shouted 'yea' and smiled goofily. The boys wanted to play a gig for so long but had to decline the many requests because of me, I felt good now that they were happy.

I ran to the stage and stopped at the middle where my mic was located. The crowd clapped and yelled and I spoke loudly and confidently into the microphone "Are you ready?" I smiled as the crowd answered with a yell.
"Okay, we're Love Comma Robot and we're gonna start off with a song called 'Rain', hope you have fun!" The crowd cheered and I looked behind me to see Ant all happy. I looked at Dane, he smiled at me and nodded his head, I smiled back and we started playing.

We finished the first song and continued to the second and third without a break. The fourth song was 'Cucha', I sang the lyrics and everything went completely smooth. We took a short break for water after the song and when I looked back into the crowd that now grew to at least 100 people, I saw her.

My jaw fell and my eyes were stuck on her small figure. She wasn't looking up at me, she was sipping on a big mug, all alone. Dane tapped my shoulder and looked at me with confusion "sorry" I mouthed and we continued playing. Throughout the rest of the show, I kept looking at her drinking and eating and looking everywhere but to the stage. Her leg was tapping to the beat and that's how I knew she was actually listening to us and maybe even enjoying it.

Okay Alexa, two songs left to the end of the set. I said, trying to calm myself down. I wanted to meet her later, ask for her name or her number. I continued to gase at her in awe. "How are we doing so far?" I said into the mic, the crowd once again cheered and clapped in response. I smiled to myself and sang the last song 'Drive' with full power. Some of the people knew the lyrics and others didn't, old fans or new, everyone cheered and jumped around. I looked to the corners of the café, the manager, Bill, was standing in the one closest to the kitchen with his arms crossed, smiling with pride. At the corner opposite from that, She sat in a small table for two. I was so eager, I rushed through 'Drive' a bit and kind of messed up with the lyrics but luckily, no one noticed.

"Thank you everyone! We're having an acoustic set later on tonight at 10pm so you should stay here and order more coffee!" I said and laughed. We all clapped our hands and I ran backstage to put my guitar back in its case and catch Her before she left. I was about seven feet away from her table when a strong hand grasped my wrist causing me to stop. It was Bill. "Alexa where are you going? You have a short meet up with some fans first." He said, I sighed and went back to the guys.

The meet and greet took longer than it should, in my opinion. I do not think half an hour is short, or maybe I was just upset I didn't have a chance to talk to the girl. All the fans left and only some of the people stayed in the café. I jumped on a couch and lay down, exhausted from the show. "Hey Lex?" Dane asked after ten minutes, "Yea?" I respoded with my eyes closed. "Someone wants to meet you, she really insists." I sat up and opened my eyes, Dane was standing in front of me awkwardly with a girl next to him. It took me a minute to realize, but it was her. It was The Girl.
---------------------------------
a/n: again, leave a comment of what you think. Vote and thank you for reading :}