Chapter 11

Brian and Alex left, for real this time, and so did Lynn. "Drive safe!" I told them as they were hopping into Alex's white Audi. "Okay, Mom!" Alex joked and I chuckled.

I walked back inside and made myself some hot tea. I sat in the living room and drank my tea while watching Poltergeist for the fourth time when I received an unexpected text message. 

Hey Lex,

Remember me? So I'm coming to town for a few day and need a place to stay. Let me know if i can stay at your place. It's been too long, babe! Miss you.

-Emma xoxo

I dropped my iPhone and it fell to the ground, breaking its screen. The tea cup in my hand tilted and steaming hot liquid poured over my clean white shirt and skinny jeans. "Shit" I said under my breath, setting the mug down on the table and getting up. As I was getting up, a terrifying scene came on and I screamed and fell back on the couch. I took a moment to get myself up again and rushed to the shower. I put on some sweatpants and a long sleeved black shirt and ran back downstairs to pick my phone up and mop the areas that got wet.

Emma is my ex, well kind of. She was the first girl I dated. We started seeing each other in 8th grade, it continued until the end of 9th grade. I lost my virginity to her. Probably a big mistake because she kind of told the whole school. She left in the summer break, we didn't officially break up but I thought she understood the message when I didn't call or text or reply to any of her e-mails.

I can't say no, she has nowhere to go. I thought to myself, I have to let her stay. I'll just tell her about Lynn. She won't get mad, she's really hot so she probably found herself someone new. I said and smiled. 

I picked up my broken phone and checked if it still worked. Yes! It did. I entered my messages and texted Emma.

To Emma: Hey! So I just have to ask my mom but I'm pretty sure you can stay in the guest bedroom. 

From Emma: Awesome. But I think that I would be more comfortable in your room, with you. 

I could almost see the smirk on her face when I read that text.

To Emma: We'll see when you get here!

What if she didn't move on like I did? What if she's coming back for me for us? I panicked.

I shook my head and closed the TV. I put on a jacket and walked outside for a bit. I walked out and the cold air made me shiver. I wondered around the neighborhood and found myself walking to Dane's house. I hesitated before knocking on the door but did it anyway. 

"Hey, Lex. What's wrong?" Dane asked me and lead me inside. I would always come to Dane when I had a problem or when I was sad or lonely, he would be like a big brother and help me out immediately. 

"Emma is coming to town" I said, "Emma? As in.. that Emma?" , he asked and I nodded. "Didn't you two break up though?", I looked up at him and then down at the floor. 

Dane laughed and in-locked his hands behind his head. "Hahaha well Alexa, you're kind of screwed kid." I punched him playfully and said "Don't call me kid and help me out." 

"Jeez, okay." He chuckled and turned to face me. "Did she text you, too?" I asked, hoping she did. Dane shook his head and rubbed my back. "I'll be there with you as much as I can, but I'm going away for Christmas." 

Shit! I totally forgot Christmas was coming up. Sam is coming for the holiday and Lynn said I should come over for dinner with my family. What am I going to do? I cant cancel my plans with Lynn, but I can't saw 'no' to Emma either. Can I bring Emma with me? No, that'll end up even worse. 

Dane saw that I was freaking out and he picked me up and walked me to his basement, where I used to spend hours as a kid. He handed me a dart and sat on one of the Yogibos that lay there. 

I laughed and looked at him "Dane, we're not ten anymore" "Just play" he told me. "You need to release your stress." I chuckled and aimed the dart at the middle of the board. I threw it with a decent amount of force and it hit the 60 points circle. I heard Dane chuckling behind me and put on my I-will-beat-the-crap-out-of-this-game face. I aimed again and threw with some more force this time, the dart hit the bulllseye and I cheered in excitement, I jumped on Dane and bragged about my victory. "Let's see if you can do better" I say, in a determined tone. "Are you challenging me?" he said and tackled me to the floor. Dane started tickling the crap out of me until I was kind of struggling to breathe. "Dane!" I screamed at him between laughs, Dane just smiled at me evilly and continued his tickling. "Dane stop, I swear I will kill you" I said, a little more serious. He finally stopped and helped me up.

We walked up to the kitchen and made dinner. We ate up and I headed to the front door. "Hey, Alexa wait!" Dane yelled from the kitchen, I turned around and walked back to him. "Yea?" I ask and he gave me my jacket, "Thanks Dane" I say and hug him. "I just returned your jacket, it's no biggie." I giggled and pulled away.

"Not for that, for helping me out with everything" I say and he embraces me "No prob lil' sis" He jokes and releases me from his strong, warm grip. 

I walk out the door and head back home. 

On my way I bump into Lacy, "Hey" I say quietly, she quickly hugs me and I ask her "What was that for?", she frowns at me and says "Emma texted me and told me she's coming and she'll be staying at your place, just know I'm here okay? And you should tell Lynn before she finds out on her own", I take Lacy's advice into consideration and think about it. Should I tell Lynn before Emma comes? I stand with my hands in my pockets as I watch Lacy jog off. I finally decide to start walking again and get home.

The first thing I did when I got home was call Lynn and invite her over again. "I'll be there in a few minutes" she tells me and I hang up and change into a clean pair of black skinny jeans. 

I hear a knock on the door and open it, Lynn stood there with that big smile of hers, her hair up in a ponytail. "Come, we're going bowling" I say and take her hand and lead her to my car. "Whoa, okay bossy." She says and gets in. 

We drove to the nearest Bowling ally, which was in the city, and I parked the car as close as I could get. I entered and paid for our shoes and two games, just in case. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: Hi so first thanks a lot for like, 1.5k reads and sorry for not updating in a while. So yea thats all 

vote and comment if you want and add this to your library or reading list or whatever if you like it so yea