𝟬𝟬𝟰 not so sly glances

chapter four not so sly glances

chapter four
not so sly glances

✵ ✵ ✵

Ardens heart hammered in her chest as she brought her katana into the chest of the closest deviant

Ardens heart hammered in her chest as she brought her katana into the chest of the closest deviant. Her lips tugged into a small smile as she brought it down, cutting open its chest.

She let out a huff of pride as she looked around.

"Beautiful kill," Thena spoke, making Arden stand up straighter. Her lips tipped upward to match Thena's before nodding to her in thanks.

"Its nothing compared to yours," Arden admitted, a bit awestruck from the compliment.

She had always admired the way Thena fought so being complimented left her head scrambled. Yet, she looked around to help out nonetheless.

"Oh please," Thena scoffed before beginning to turn to continue fighting. "You did great."

They both caught sight of another deviant and made their way towards it at once. Thena jumped and Arden ducked, both of them stimutainiously cutting its back and stomach. Arden quickly stood up, spinning her katana in her hand to readjust before turning and stabbing it in its neck.

"Now that," Thena spoke. "That was amazing."

"That was so cool," Arden gushed. "I feel so-"

"Hey you two," they heard kingo say before turning towards him. "That one was mine!"

"How unfortunate," Arden teased making Kingo roll his eyes.

A growl was heard behind the man making Thena and Arden smile at him.

"You have that one loser," Arden grinned.

"How funny," Kingo spoke before turning around.

✵ ✵ ✵

Arden draped an arm over makkaris shoulder making the other girl grin at her.

"You are amazing," Arden signed, momentarily taking her arm off Makkaris shoulder before putting it back on.