𝟬𝟮𝟒 the death of Ikaris

chapter twenty fourthe death of Ikaris

chapter twenty four
the death of Ikaris

✵ ✵ ✵

Arden still wished she had gone with Kingo

Arden still wished she had gone with Kingo. She thought everything was out of control and that this hypothetical dream she was having ( yes she still thought it was a dream ) was her brains way of torturing her for her stupid mistakes. She shouldn't have left her friends. . .no no her family. She should have stayed, or at least tried to make them all stay together, because they always worked better together and never apart.

She also wished she had remembered what her suit felt like because in all honesty, she does not remember it feeling like this.

I hate this I hate this I hate this so much, she thought to herself clenching and unclenching her fists as she walked side by side with Makkari , Sersi, and Druig.

"Are you okay?" Makkari signed after tapping her on the shoulder.

"Yes," she breathed, her shoulders relaxing just a tiny bit.

"It's time to put a god to sleep," Sersi said, Arden immediately tensed up again.

Arden watched as Druig touched the bracelet around his wrist and her gut felt like it was being ripped out of her body. He looked at her, worry on his face before he placed a hand on her shoulder and rubbed gently.

"We are going to be okay," he told her. "You are going to be okay."

She gulped and nodded, his hand moved up to cup her cheek and she wasted no time in putting her hand over his and leaning into his touch.

Sersi sent her a smile and she smiled back.

"We'll be okay," she whispered to herself with a sigh and Druig twisted the bracelet.

They began to follow suit, a gold lining around their bodies which captivated Arden's interest. Their bodies had lifted up off the ground and a small ounce of Arden had missed the feeling of being in her suit and out doing cool things.