𝟬𝟮𝟭 hades and persephone

chapter twenty oneHades and Persephone

chapter twenty one
Hades and Persephone

✵ ✵ ✵

One time, Sprite told Arden that she had made stories about the eternals strictly to make fun of them

Sprite, Sersi and Makkari were practically the only other eternals she saw besides Thena and Gilgamesh.

Yet the downside to Sprites statement, though Arden saw it as a positive thing, Sprite was a great storyteller. The stories she came up with sounded nothing but cool and left the girl intrigued for ages every time someone mentioned them. Sprite didn't make up all the stories of course, but Arden liked to believe so whenever she heard a new one.

You could tell if Sprite was the one who came up with it, Arden always knew.

The goddess of war, Athena, was quite obviously Thena and Arden loved hearing about all the battles and fighting. The protectress of Athens and other greek cities left Arden in love for decades.

The story of Hermes, the herald of the gods, the messenger, fit Makkari so well Arden was sure he was based on her. She never asked Sprite to confirm her guess, but she was sure she was correct. Like Hermes, Makkari was able to travel fast and freely, scouting.

Arden loved listening to Sprite talk about the story of Icarus and how he flew too close to the sun. She found it comedic how angry she got as she got closer and closer to his death. She didn't know why she thought it was funny. . .it just was. Perhaps it's funny when someone you see as your sibling gets made fun of. And perhaps it waa the fact that Sprite had obviously attained some sort of anger to the man, wanting to get to the end almost as quick as Makkari could run.

One of Sprites stories that stood out to her was how she was Persephone and Druig was Hades.

Sprite told her she was Persephone because of her love of nature and animals and all things pretty, spring if you may. . .yet she could see Arden ruling the underworld as well. She wouldn't be afraid to kill of she had to (maybe that was Thenas doing).