Chapter 20.5: STAYING OVER

Date: November 7th, 6016.

Time: 1: 34 AM.

The chapter starts with Lazuli driving back to her house with Speed on the passenger seat. She parks her car near her house and they both got out of the car and started walking to the front door of the house. When Lazuli opened the door and turned on the lights, She was greeted by Wattson running up to her and jumping up in the air. Lazuli caught him mid air, and Wattson started licking her face happily. Lazuli giggled a little from this and smiled.

Lazuli: Hey buddy, how's my good little Yamper doing?

Wattson barked cutely and Lazuli laid him down and started petting him. Speed decided to pet him as well, and he crouched down with Lazuli. While he was petting him. He asked Lazuli a question.

Speed: How did you meet Wattson?

Lazuli's smile turned into a sad expression.

Lazuli: After a few years and months of me living alone in my house, I started to get lonely and thought of having a pet to keep me company. So, I went to a animal shelter and started looking around the place to find a pet that's right for me. After sometime, I found a lonely Yamper in the corner of it's cell that was laying down with a sad expression. When I got close to the Yamper's cell, he freaked out and started barking angrily while having electricity around his body. I asked the Pokémon who works at the shelter about why the Yamper acted this way. And they said that the Yamper had a bad owner. The owner didn't make him eat that much, ambushed him multiple times, made him fight other Pokémon pets and other stuff that the owner did to him...

Speed: Wow, that's a lot to take in... I'm sorry I'm asking a lot of personal questions, lieutenant.

Lazuli's sad expression turned into a happy one.

Lazuli: It's fine, it's kind of feels nice telling somebody this instead of keeping this stuff to myself.

Speed: Well, that's nice that you trust me... So, can I ask you another question then?

Lazuli: Sure.

Speed: What got him to go to a animal shelter?

Lazuli: After sometime of him being treated badly by his owner, he attacked his owner and the owner was able to call the rescuers before he was either unconscious or dead. After the rescuers came, they took the Yamper away to a animal shelter and the other rescuers took the owner away for questioning while also taking him to a hospital.

Speed: Interesting... But, I still don't know why you wanted him as your pet. What's the reason?

Lazuli: The reason is because I felt really bad for him by what he had went through. And I didn't want to just leave him here at the shelter. So, I adopted him and brought him to my house. At first he was still hostile towards me, but over time he began to grow on me until he finally started to like me. We both gotten to learn each other more and we comforted one another whenever either one of us were sad... I guess we both needed each other after what we had been through...

Speed was surprised to learn all this, and after a little bit of thinking. He suddenly put his paw on Lazuli's paw to try to comfort her. That made her look at him while blushing.

Software Instability ^

They stare at each other for a moment until Lazuli shacks her head and looks away from Speed while getting up.

Lazuli: W-well, it's getting late. Me and Wattson should probably go to bed.

Speed: Oh, alright then.

He stands up off the ground and Lazuli walks into her room and closes the door. Wattson yawns and walks to his dog bed and lays down on it. Speed thinks for a moment of what he just did, and felt really off all of a sudden. He walks to Lazuli's room and stands near a wall while closing his eyes. Sometime later, Lazuli opens the door to find that she took off her clothing, and she was blushing.