A Fathers confession

I sat in the hospital cafeteria while I filled out a form for Tommy's school, I already had the doctor's note I just needed to confirm a few things. I sighed and put the pen down, was I that bad of a father? I allowed my son to almost die. Why was I such a failure...

I decided to adopt when my beloved died. I missed her touch and face every day. 

"Kristen..." I whispered into the loud room. 

"Phil move along you slowpoke"

"Kristen, not everyone can walk 60 miles per hour"

She rolled her eyes and kept walking, her hair swaying behind her. I loved that woman, I would die for her, little did I know she would do the same for me.

The memories were bitter at first and I could barely take care of myself, I could never get out of bed and I was slowly getting malnourished. I decided to adopt a kid that was also as scared, sad, and forgotten as I felt, so I got my little piglet named Technoblade. He had been refused by many for his seemingly terrifying eyes, he had been returned for angering multiple families who claimed "He's way too aggressive!". I still kept him no matter the times I was hit or bitten, that piglet who is now nearly an adult saved me. He claims that I saved him but in reality, it's the other way around.

After Techno was taught how to communicate properly, the memories of Kristen started coming back to me, I couldn't bear thinking of what I lost so I coped with Wilbur. Wilbur was energetic and antsy, I helped him with music; for his 9th birthday, I got him a guitar. Then life went by as I struggled to help Techno with his voices, but I realized how lonely Wilbur seemed. So I went to the orphanage with my boys and Techno stumbled upon a lanky blonde boy. 

"Dad, my credit card isn't working at McDonald's," A sad Wilbur said. 

I stood up and continued my fatherly duties, pushing the thought of Kristen out of my mind.