Epilouge

The beautiful queen steps from her throne, a soft, tender look on her beautiful face as she gazes down on the children running to her. Besides the crinkles around her eyes - from too much smiling and laughing - and some lines around her mouth, she looks exactly as she did fifteen years ago. Fifteen years.

Elsa couldn't believe so much time had gone by, and yet the evidence is right in front of her, in the form of Anna's children - her niece and nephew. Little Kristina throws her little arms around Elsa's legs, seeing as she isn't tall enough to reach her waist yet, while Tristan, the older of the two, smiles shyly at her. At twelve, he is tall and well-built, taking after Kristoff but has the eyes and hair of Anna.

"I told you kids not to run away!" Kristoff's tired voice sets off some sort of alarm on the kids. They shriek, before running behind Elsa to make her a human shield.

"It's fine, Kristoff, I don't mind." Elsa says calmly, like always.

Anna comes bounding up to her, clumsily, "You're spoiling the kids." her voice doesn't hold an accusatory tone. In fact, it's soft and playful. She, too, looks the same as she did fifteen years ago.

"Nonesense, Anna." Elsa dismisses, grinning at her sister.

It has been this way for fifteen years in the palace. Arendelle is in peace, and everyone is happy under Elsa's reign. Unfortunately, their Snow Queen never produced an heir as she never married anyone. Rumors and gossips spread around, trying to formulate reasons as to why their Queen never married.

They were silly rumors, and Elsa dismissed them without a doubt. She was perfectly happy on her own. Besides, even after fifteen years, no one could compare to him.

Jack Frost.

He had opened her heart, showed her the capability of her powers, bonded with her. He helped her conquer her fears and let go. He was one of the people who sacrificed a great deal for her.

He was one of the people who helped melt the icy wall she had erected around herself and her heart as a defense mechanism.

He had helped her melt the ice.

And for that fact alone, she knew she couldn't ever replace him.

The End.