Chapter Twenty One

Princess Anna

Olaf's eyes widen, “Wow,” he says, moving closer to me, “You really don't know anything about love, do you?” he asks in disbelief, standing up so that he's in front of me. His snow starts to melt even more, and he has to use his stick-arm to adjust his falling nose.

“Olaf, you're melting!” I tell him, worriedly. I don't want him to melt! But Olaf only gave me a grin and said, “Some people are worth melting for.”

And I smile, touched by his words, his actions. He and Kristoff has done so much for me. Olaf is even willing to melt just for me! That's when I know I should be truly thankful for them, they're my friends who love me no matter what. So what if Hans left me? So what if he doesn't love me? I have my friends... and possibly my sister, but I can't be sure.

Our little moment is interrupted when one side of Olaf's face starts to fall, turning into slush, most of the snow now becoming droplets of water. “But, maybe not just right this second,” he says, his voice muffled because he is using his hands to hold up his slushy face. Suddenly, a window, the one Hans closed earlier, opened, revealing Arendelle all covered up in white snow. The wind bursts inside, turning me colder, and I clutch my cape, close my eyes, and huddle closer to the fire.

Olaf gasps in horror, and turns to me, “Don't worry, I've got it!” he exclaims, running for the window that will probably be the difference between my life and death. He uses his head to climb up the chairs, tumbling down a bit, and if I wasn't about to die, I would have laughed. He starts to close the windows, turns to me and shouts reassuringly, “We're gonna get through th—oh, wait!” he says, turning back to the window. He's looking at something I can't see from my place, but it must be something good, because Olaf gasps happily.

“It's Kristoff and Sven!” he announces happily, jumping slightly on the little couch, “They're coming back this way!” and that news encourages me, lifts my spirits up, “They... they are?” I say, surprised. I didn't think they would actually go through all of this!

“Wow, he's really moving fast.” Olaf remarks, peering into an icicle he used as a make shift telescope, “I guess I was wrong. I guess Kristoff doesn't love you enough to leave you behind.” he says.

And that statement makes me think; what Olaf said is the opposite. Kristoff does love me, so much that he wants to go back here and save me! That, or I'm getting delusional because of the ice in my heart.

But, no time think negative now! Think positive thoughts, Anna! And then, I'm happy because for a moment, the positive and optimistic Anna is back! “Help me up, Olaf. Please.” I say, a plan formulating in the back of my head. Olaf declines, “No, no, no, no, no!” he says, running back, and stumbling over his two feet so, again, he uses his head to propel him faster. He pushes me down, “You need to stay by the fire and keep warm!” he tells me, grinning.