Chapter Twenty-Three

So sorry for not updating for so freaking long! I got writer's block and personal crap going on, lol. Hope you enjoy!

Jack Frost

Cold. I feel cold, which is surprising cause I am usually never bothered by it. But it's not that I'm bothered about it now.

I force my eyes to open, and whiteness greets me. Not light, just... graying-white. Like the color of the moon.

I stand up, shaking snow and black sand off my hair. Wait. Black sand? Oh, no! Pitch! I grope around, feeling for my staff but I can't find the piece of wood I have grown extremely fond of. Groaning, I look around me, trying to decipher which way I should go. I need to find my staff! I'm powerless without it.

A glow comes from the distance, as crazy as that sounds. I follow it nonetheless, frowning yet filled with excitement and giddy. Something about that faint light makes me feel genuinely happy, even though I know I'm supposed to feel worried and anxious.

As I approach the light at a very slow pace, something emerges from within its depths. I blink several times, trying to figure out if I'm only seeing things, or if a person is really coming out of that light.

The person fully emerges and now I know I'm not seeing or imagining things. Because standing before me is him.

Man in Moon.

A gasp comes out of my lips. There he is, with a lenghty white beard, wearing some sort of white cloak. Everything about him just looks surreal, yet there's a feeling, a sense, of warmth and welcome.

"Jack Frost." he says, his voice deep and jolly. It reminds me of North.

"Uhh, hi?" my answer sounds more like a question. Honestly, how would you respond to... Well, to him? Surprisingly, I feel a bit heavy, like some sort of weird shroud looming over me. It doesn't feel right, especially in his presense. I think if I'm with him, I'm supposed to only feel light and happiness. But how can I, when I know a battle is happening right this moment?

"What am I doing here? Where's my staff?" I ask, anxiety and impatience washing over me. Man in Moon graces me with his presence in the middle of a fight. Not very good timing if I do say so, but I can't exactly complain.

"You are her to discuss matter with me, Jack Frost. The battle with Pitch is successful so do not worry about that." he tells me patiently. I sigh in relief. Successful... That means Pitch must be done, once amd for all.

Man In Moon smiles. He reminds me of North, minus all the chunky tatoos. While North is large and burly, Man in Moon is small and seemingly fragile. "I knew I picked the right person to be the guardian of Fun." his eyes, the color impossible to decipher behind his bushy eyebrows, sparkles and his cheeks moves up in a smile.

That's a compliment, a huge one coming from him, "Thanks. I take immense pride in my work." I say, a bit arrogantly. My siganture smirk crosses my face.

Man in Moon nods, "You know Jack, that title means you have a responsibility to fulfill." he mutters softly. I strain to hear him.

I know that right from the moment North told me I was going to be a guardian. That was why I didn't want to be one in the first place. All those deadlines and responsibilities. But now I've accepted the role, the position and the responsibility that came along with it. "Yeah..." I trail off, unsure of what he's getting at.

"And then another responsibility was presented when the King and Queen of Arendelle asked you to watch over their daughter." Man in Moon continues. The smirk turns into a softer smile when Elsa comes into my mind. If Pitch is defeated, that means she's safe. My goal and another one of my responsibility is complete.