Chapter Twenty Six

Queen Elsa

A party. A party will be held later today. It seems fitting, after all, everything's fine now. Hans has been exiled from Arendelle and possibly be thrown to jail, which I am thankful for. The Prime Minister helped me deal with the Duke of Wesleton and everything's just wonderful. It's not perfect, though, and I really don't understand why.

I mean, Anna's here. And by the looks of it, she found her true love. I smile wistfully, glancing at her as Kristoff wraps her in his tight embrace. They look absolutely adorable together, and I'm so happy for my sister.

I knew Hans wasn't the one for her. He seemed nice, yes. Maybe if Pitch didn't control him, things wouldn't have escalated to this, but he was too driven by ambition. Too mad and obssessed with power. I'm glad Anna finally came to her senses, and though I didn't really think it was fitting for a princess to punch somebody in the nose, I think Hans deserved it and I'm proud of my sister.

Anna breaks away from the hug. She walks toward me and we hug each other once again. "Oh! Summer!" Olaf's voice rings out happily.

Anna and I turn to see the snowman slowly melting into water. "I love this day. And it's possibly my last." he adds, as his carrot nose drops to the ground.

I laugh lightly, "Hang in there little guy." I say before conjuring up his own flurry. Olaf turns whole again. "My own flurry!" he exclaims, jumping up and down. He hops off the boat excitedly and we laugh.

Anna holds my hand, and we walk together, back to Arendelle's unfrozen grounds. She's chatting away excitedly, talking about wolves, a reindeer, kicking Olaf's head, and something about a sleigh. "Ohh, that reminds me, we'll have to replace Kristoff's sleigh. I sort of, kind of broke it... Well, I didn't break it, I crash landed it... In the mountians... Down a cliff..." she trails off.

"Down a cliff?" I ask incredulously. Anna grins sheepishly, "Yeah... That's why I have to replace it."

Replacing a sleigh would be easy. We have tons of them, which is why Anna and I ran back to the castle to get one, with Olafat our heels. Applause fills the way as we open the gates.

Which reminds me... "Don't close them." I tell the guards.

His eyes widen, confusion pooling in his gray irises, "Y-your Majesty?" he squints his eyes, "Are you sure?"

I nod, "Yes. We need to start opening them more." I say, a smile taking up my face. The guard nods, and he instructs his men to keep the gates open.

I grin wider, and race back to the part of the castle where we keep the sleighs. Anna's already there and she's already picked the best one there. "This one! I'm sure he'll love this one!" Anna requests giddily.

"Ohh, it's very pretty."

I hug her, "It's his for keep." I pull away, "And he's now the Royal Ice Bringer."

Anna squeals with glee, "Ohh! Elsa, that's amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Anna says.

"No need to thank me. I'm the one who should be thanking him. He kept my sister safe." I say.

Anna stops squealing. Her eyes glisten with tears, happy ones. "You're awesome, Elsa." she says. I laugh. Normally, I'd disagree with her. I'm not awesome, I'm a monster, I'd think.

But right now, I don't. Really, I'm not awesome, but I'm no monster either. In Anna's eyes, I'm awesome, and I'll let her think that way. It's nice to be something amazing in someone else's eyes. Besides, I think I should give myself more credit.

I let Anna run off, with a few servants trailing behind her. A few more stay behind to put ribbons on the sleigh, before pulling it away. Anna's found her true love. Everything's coming together perfectly.

Now, to face my people.

The walk towards the palace gate was nerve-wrecking, absolutely nerve-wrecking. I don't know what to expect, maybe my people still hate me. Maybe they still think I'm a monster. Maybe they still despise me for bringing winter upon them. Maybe--

"There she is, Queen Elsa!"

I stop, frozen in my tracks. It all seems so familiar. The night of my coronation, the party after that. The night everything changed. The screams and shouts of everyone, happy that their queen paid them a visit. I press my eyes shut, hoping the flashback to go away.

Applause fills the crowd, and slowly, I open my eyes. Instead of fear and hatred, everyone's looking at me with smiles on their faces. I heave out a sigh of relief, taking it all in. Slowly, I step down the stairs.

I expect them to turn and run, but they welcome me with open arms. My lips break into a grin. Finally, I'm accepted. Finally, they don't look at me with fear in their eyes. Finally, they don't see me as a monster. A small child runs over to me. She stops right in front of me, and hugs me, tight at the waist. My eyes widen. I've never been hugged by someone besides my parents, Anna or Jack.. And it feels nice. I should really hug people more often.

I decide I should start now, and I wrap my arms around the little girl's.

"Thank you for bringing back summer." the little girl mumbles, smiling brightly up at me. Her voice is filled with so much adoration, it brings tears to my eyes. She has a missing tooth, and I find it adorable. I smile back at her, "No problem." I whisper. I don't know how to respond to that. I've never been talked to before with that much adoration by someone I've never met.

The little girl breaks away from the hug and runs back into the crowd. A small "aww" comes from everyone, as they look at me with happy smiles on their faces.

It's a bit overwhelming, the change. But I like it, and it's definitely something I could get used to.

Suddenly, Anna runs toward me, out of nowhere. She smiles brightly, and we face the crowd. They applaud enthusiastically.

I catch a glimpse of one of the fountains. The one I froze accidentally while I was trying to escape. It remains frozen in a wicked shape. No, this will not do.

I walk slowly towards the fountain, summoning enough energy. Then, with a wave of my hand, the wickes hand transforms into a beautiful statue of ice. Everyone claps, "Do it again!" someone yells.

Do it again. I never dreamed of a day when someone would tell me to use my powers again. Most people tell me to stop using it... Well, except for Jack.

With a grin, I look at everyone gathered at the royal court, "Are you ready?" I yell through the noise. People shout excitedly.

I stomp my foot down, much like I did while building my Ice Castle, and a huge snowflake appears on the ground. Then, it turns to ice. I grin happily as everyone shouts with joy.

Villagers begin skating, kids are playing.

Anna makes her way toward me, clumsily, "I like the open gates." she says, glancing around. She almost trips, but I catch her before she plants her face to the ground.

"We are never closing them again." I agree. Then, with a small gesture, ice skates have replaced her snow shoes.

Anna's eyes widen. She's incredibly clumsy when it comes to skating. Or dancing. Or anything, for that matter. But I love her nonetheless."Oh, Elsa you know I couldn't!" she excalims.

"Oh, come on!" I grasp her arms, pulling her on the ice. Anna, being the adorably clumsly person she is, topples forward, but luckily something or someone guides her from behind. I tilt my head back and see Olaf supporting Anna's back. I haven't seen the little guy in a while.

Laughing, Anna and I skate all over the courtyard, along with the rest of our people. It is possibly one of the best things ever.

-_-_-_-_-

Elsa can make dresses, bring snowmen to life and now she can makes ice skates... Hmmmm... *suspicious face*

A MASSIVE Thank You to everyone who reads this! Melting the Ice was 17th out of hundreds of jelsa stories. That's pretty cool! I think it dropped down to the twenties now, but still, THANK YOU guys for supporting this story! We are nearing the end, sadly :(

I had tons of fun writing this.

Keep the love coming, guys! Vote and Comment! I'll try to reply to them cause I like talking to y'all!

xx, Erica :)