Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Jack Frost

“I wonder if it works,”

“Of course it will.”

Tooth sounded so confident, that it left no doubts in my mind. It will work. She is the Guardian of memories, after all, so who am I to question her? Of course it will work.

It has to.

I can't bear it anymore. I just don't feel the same without her. It's like there's this large, gaping hole inside of me. I felt... incomplete. Yeah, that's it. I feel incomplete without her. But why?

I mentally start listing all the things we have in common.

Well, there is the fact that we both have whitish hair(mine leaning more towards silver, and hers towards blonde) and pale blue eyes, the exact color of ice. We have the same ice powers, though she doesn't have to use a staff to wield hers, unlike I.

She's much more powerful too, I admit, but she has a hard time controlling hers, being unable to practice it.

And, we both faced isolation. For 300 years, I've been walking aimlessly, not knowing where to go, with no one to turn to. And she, she locked herself up with absolutely no human contact, just to keep herself from hurting Anna.

We both have a sister. I died to save mine, and she's dying everyday, little by little, to save hers from herself. But, really, Elsa didn't have to hide. If her parent had let me train her sooner, then she would have been able to control her powers.

-_-_-_-

“I'm going out,” I declare. The guardians look at me, confused. “Going where?” North questions. He stands, and walks toward me, towering me with his height.

“To Elsa's palace.” I answer boldly. “This is no time to start playing hero, Frostbite,” Bunny snaps at me, “Don't you know how dangerous it is if you go out there on your own?” he hisses, narrowing his green eyes. “Aw, so you do care about me.” I smirk, catching the concern lacing his Australian voice.

He stutters, recomposes himself, then glares at me, with nothing to say.

“Jack, he's right. We can't let you go there alone.” Tooth tells me, flying over to my side. “Besides, why do you want to go there?” North queries.

“To see her.”

I didn't have to explain any further. They know who I am talking about. They know why I want to see her. “Jack-” North starts.

“I'm not taking no for an answer, North! I'm going, whether you want me to, or not!” I snap. I turn away, fuming. I walk over to the window, gripping my staff, ready to fly off, when a hand encircles the upper arm with a firm grasp, holding me in place.

I yank my arm back, but face them again. North was the one who stopped me. His expression softens and he smiles at me, “You don't need our permission, that's for sure, but we only want you to be safe. Bunny can come with you.” he says smiling gently.

I grin, relieved. Great, they're letting me go—wait a sec. Who was coming with me? Did he say Bunny?

“What?” Bunny and I say in unison. “Mate, are you out of your mind?” Bunny asks North. “I'm not going with him!” he snaps. “Whoa there, Kangaroo, don't think your the only one who isn't okay with this. I'm not in a hurry to have you come with me.” I scoff. Bunny glares at me. I glared back at him. North glares at the two of us, “Enough. Bunny, you are going with Jack, end of discussion!” he snaps.

I groaned, “Fine.” I didn't want to get North mad any further; he might seem like a really jolly guy at first, but if he's mad, you better run.