Chapter Four

Elsa

Once again, fear envelops me.

Who is this man? Was he the one who laughed outside my window? Was he the shadow? Is he about to kill me?

A lot of questions  formed in my mind. I was so confused and scared that when he took a small, cautious step, snow appeared from the floor to where he was stepping at.

I didn't realize that I did that.

But what surprised me more was how he blocked my attack with the staff that he grips. How did he do that!? A gasp escapes my lips and I mentally kicked myself for not holding it in.

"Please, let me explain," he says, his voice warm and kind. Instead of answering, I reach over and turn on my lamp. Once its on, I finally see who was there.

He was a man, probably the same age I am, with white hair and pale skin. His eyes were an enchanting icy blue; the same shade as mine. In the light, I see that he is wearing a blue hoodie with distressed brown pants. His pale hands clutch some sort of sheperd staff, with frost spreading out from where he touches it.

Does he have the curse too?

"Who are you?" I ask, trying to mask my fear.

"No need to worry, princess. I'm here to protect you." he says.

"Yes, but that doesn't answer my question. Who are you?" I ask, firmer this time. "My name is Jack Frost. Your parents asked me to protect you ever since you were a baby. They told me you were special and that your powers are similar to mine." the man, Jack Frost answers.

Jack Frost. That name rings a bell.

*Flashback, 10 years ago*

"Wear a coat, Elsa. You wouldn't want Jack Frost nipping at your nose." Mother laughs.

"The cold doesn't bother me mother. And who is Jack Frost?" my nine year old self asks.

My mother looks me in the eye and says seriously, "He is your guardian. Always believe in him."

Being nine, of course I believed in him. Every night, I would ask my mother tales about him. What he looks like. How he got his powers. Where was he from.

And I vaguely remember my mother's description of him, short white hair, icy blue eyes wearing a blue hoodie and carrying an icy staff.

My mother told me that if I keep believing in him, he will keep protecting me. He would guard me from harm.

*End of Flashback*

Now that I think about it, the man in front of me does fit the description, I thought, observing him. He seemed sincere enough. And my parents knew him.

I looked at him, not sure whether to believe him or not. I have to be cautious, "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm your protector. The king and queen asked me to guard you from harm." he replied.

"Protect me from who? I never even leave this place. The palace is more secure than any place in Arendelle," I tell him, "And besides, no one can reach my room. Its located at the top of the castle."

"Princess, we're not talking about normal people, you know, like thieves and murderers," he says taking another step forward. I wasn't completely ready to believe him yet so, I accidentally shot a mini-blizzard at him.

"Oh, no. I'm so sorry, I just-" I never got the chance to finish my sentence because with a flick of his staff, the blizzard, the ice, the snow, everything, was gone. My eyes widen, "How did you do that?" I whisper, astonished.

He grins sheepishly, opening his hand. I stare at it, bewildered. It looked normal to me... until snowflakes started appearing from the surface of his palm and danced around my room.

My eyes widen. For the first time in ages, I smiled. I wasn't alone. He knew exactly what it was like, to have this curse.

It turned back to him, my smile wide. He grins back, and this time, I notice just how handsome he was.

And for the first time in years, I didn't mind having this curse. Its better when someone else is there to share the burden.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

HEY THERE AWESOME PEOPLE!!!

Lol, I recently consumed a large amount of chocolate milk, three pints of ice cream, cotton candy, caramel popcorn and soda(my friends and I had a movie marathon) and I got SO HIGH ON SUGAR!!! LOL!!!

This is like the craziest sugar rush ever! Well, I'm better now, but I'm still pretty loopy so trololololololol!!!

And one more thing... 100 or so reads in leass than a week!??! With only four parts?!!That is so Crazy! Gahhh!!  Thank you so much! Seriously I appreciate it! Thank you!

VOTE And COMMENT!

I LUV YOU AWESOME PEOPLE!!!

xx, Erica